Greetings everyone and a very Happy Halloween to all of you! I hope that all of you who celebrate enjoy a day of tricks and treats and, to those of you who don’t partake in the festivities, have a great normal day! Here is a friendly reminder of my angry dog in her minion costume last year wishing everyone a wonderful day:
Hi everyone and happy Sunday! When I talk about my dogs to anyone who will listen, nine times out of ten, I end up showing them the pictures of my rescue pups dressed up for Halloween. Ollie, my terrier mix, and Gem, our Golden Retriever, make up a huge part of my happiness. And, when I think about them, I often flashback to their Despicable Me minion costumes for Halloween this past year:
I LOVE the polar opposition in these pictures between my babies, because Ollie is just going about his day as normal. Gem, on the other hand, looks freaking PISSED. I am that crazy dog mom who would have pictures of them in my wallet if I could. But, when dogs are the topic of discussion, showing these pictures from my iPod always gets a laugh – and hopefully it makes you laugh, too! It’s just a fun party trick of mine, you know?
Do you dress your pets up for Halloween? Are they like Ollie or Gem when it comes to wearing clothes? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy weekend! One present that always sits well with me are coffee mugs. Lil Red loves her caffeine, and I love novelty mugs just as much as the next person. My thing, though – is that I never use them! I guess I never really noticed the coffee mug collection that has accumulated on my desk at home until my sister pointed it out. But I can’t help myself. Mugs break, there can be dishwasher disasters, paint and pieces can chip – these are all chances that I’m not willing to take! So, I leave my precious mugs to be admired on my desk and will usually put my knick knacks in them, instead.
Here are just a few of my mugs in my collection – travel ones not included, because that’s an entirely different story!
Obviously, my sister and best friends know exactly what to gift me with and all of these mugs are special to me. But, I have to admit, that I am most partial to my minion mug from my sister a la my birthday last year! I am completely Despicable Me obsessed, so Kristen really hit the nail on the head with that one. It’s the cutest! :*)
Will I ever get around to using my mug collection? Maybe. Am I mad about it? No way! Whoever said that you have to use items that you collect is a liar! What are some of the things that you collect? Do you get any use out of your collections? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and TGIF! With Halloween now behind us, I had to dedicate one last post to some spooky fun on lifewithlilred until next year. My two beloved rescue pups, Gem and Ollie, got a little more than they bargained for this Halloween when my mom and I decided that dressing them up as Despicable Me minions was the way to go for our neighborhood’s trick or treat:
As you can see, Ollie doesn’t seem to care too much about his new side job as one of Gru’s pill shaped sidekicks.
Gem, on the other hand, couldn’t wait to get out of her costume immediately!
I hate to say that I was laughing at poor Gem’s expense, but oh my goodness – I could not stop laughing. Despite how cute she looked in her minion garb, nothing was cute about her STINK EYES that she gave to literally every single member of my family as we tried to snap some pictures. Gem is a really emotive dog facially and her death stare, as seen above, says that she was not too pleased about her costume.
Even though Gem was a total diva while we prepared her Halloween wardrobe, she definitely perked up once the trick or treaters started arriving at the door. Gem and Ollie enjoyed all of the attention and were happy to have made all of the little kids laugh. But, best believe, that they were happiest of all once their minion costumes came off and were retired to the closet until next year!
My Four Legged Friends were an obvious hit this Halloween and they sure are cute – costumes or not! Did you dress up your pets this Halloween? What should Gem and Ollie be next year? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hellooo everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred. I hope that all of you had a fantastic weekend despite the fact that we lost an hour of sleep! I was a little under the weather over the weekend but I still had lots of fun so expect some posts about all of my adventures soon! I was recently nominated by my pal, Simon, over at sfarnell for the Versatile Blogger Award. I was pretty excited because this is an award that I’ve never been nominated for before. So thank you very much, Simon, and everyone be sure to check out his blog! With all of the fun blogger awards comes a set of rules to follow so check them out and then read up on some fun facts about yours truly:
- Display award.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers.
All About Me:
- This week is my spring break at Tri-C and unfortunately a trip to Cancun isn’t in my future. Instead, I’ll be attending an internship fair at school to interview for a summer internship! Fingers crossed.
- My family has two dogs – a Golden Retriever named Gem and our newly adopted Terrier mix named Ollie. Now I have my heart set on getting a black dwarf bunny and naming him Floppy! I’ve been begging my boyfriend to get one for me for my 22nd birthday in June since Christmas! Fingers crossed.
- At this moment in time there is someone knocking at my door but I’m not going to answer it. BYE!
- My boyfriend and I just finished the three seasons of Wentworth that are on Netflix and are now looking for a new show to binge watch so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
- I LOVE the Despicable Me movies so much and the minions and Agnes are my spirit animals.
- I love to read and have recently just finished Room and The Danish Girl. Both were excellent and I’m looking forward to watching the movies soon! Now I am on to a book called Charlotte’s Story which is part of the Bliss House series. It’s very good so far!
- I love all types of food. Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Indian, you name it. There’s an amazing Indian restaurant down the street from my house and I seriously think that I could eat there every day. YUM.
My Nominees (I’m only doing three):
So there you have it, this week’s Monday Update: Versatile Blogger Award Edition! Thank you again to Simon at sfarnell for the nomination! What are some fun facts about yourself? Did you do anything exciting over the weekend? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy weekend! I’ve been meaning to do a What’s In My Bag? post for the longest time – they seem like so much fun to do! I was switching what purse I was using anyways so I figured that I might as well snap some pics of the innards of my bag as I do so. (Remind me never to say the word innards again.) I decided to break out my beautiful Betsey Johnson telephone purse to tote around so take a look at what lies inside:
The Purse: When I saw this darling Betsey Johnson stunner at Macy’s, I knew that I had to have it. I love all things Betsey and this little baby is no exception. My parents got it for me as a gift for my 21st birthday and I’m so obsessed…And yes, the telephone handle really does work! You can plug it into your iPhone and chat away! So cute.
- Mustard Yellow Wallet: This was a find from Target and I always manage to get compliments on it. I’ve had my wallet for about three years now and it still looks great – I wish it were a little fuller though! 😉
- Sequin Coin Purse: I got my little coin purse as a present for being a Victoria’s Secret Angel Card member. My mom, sister, and I spent our way to their credit card with the best rewards and this purse was one of them. I think it’s too cute! I was going to put it in my stockpile of freebies to gift to someone but I liked it so much that I kept it for myself.
- Marlboro Smooths: Yes, I smoke. Whoops!
- Car Keys: The keys to unlock my beloved Little Red Love Machine AKA my 2012 Mazda2 hatchback. My favorite keychain on there is of Despicable Me’s Agnes and her unicorn which my sister got for me at Universal Studios! We match because she got one for herself, too. 🙂
- Envelope Makeup Bag: My sister gets a monthly beauty bag from Ipsy and her February goodies came in this precious purse. Obviously, she gave it to me and I adore it. Plus, it matches my Betsey bag perfectly! All of the next items listed are stored in my Ipsy bag.
- Four Lighters: Yes, I’m a lighter hoarder. Whoops!
- Five Chapsticks: I also appear to be a chapstick hoarder, as well…
- Tide To Go Pen: This thing is a life saver! It has saved me from the grief of coffee, pop, and food stains when I’m on the go.
- Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer: I got my Apple Harvest sanitizer as one of my B&BW freebies. It’s nice to have when there isn’t a way to wash your hands close by. I wish I would have gotten it in a different scent, though, because the smell is way too strong.
- Plastic Heart (on top of the lighters): I sort of kind of snagged this from a restaurant that my boyfriend and I ate at recently. The candle holders on the table were filled with them and I couldn’t stop myself from stealthily dropping one into my purse!
*** Fun Fact: My purse wouldn’t stay standing up in the picture above so I put one of my Minnetonka moccasins in it to weigh it down! #clever
Ahhh! This was so much fun! It made me feel like one of the celebrities who empties out their purses contents for People magazine. You guys found out What’s In My Bag and now I want to hear about what’s in yours! What is one of your must have products when you’re on the go? What is something unusual that you carry in your purse? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hiii everyone and happy weekend! I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day so far. On Thursday I was so flattered to be nominated for My Second One Lovely Blog Award by the sweet Juliet at: notcapulet! I’m so appreciative to everyone who has been nominating me for all of these fun awards lately – believe me, it does not go unnoticed! As always, with these awards comes some rules for the nominees to follow, so take a look:
- Thank the person who nominated them, including a link to their blog.
- List the rules and include the award badge in their acceptance post.
- Add seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and notify them of their nomination.
Now, I suppose I have to think of some new fun facts about me – which is actually kind of difficult! I’m really not that exciting. Let’s see…
All About Me:
- I currently have over twenty days worth of music on my iTunes and my collection is always growing. I’m looking forward to adding Enya’s newest album, Dark Sky Island, as well as some Fleetwood Mac next.
- I absolutely adore the Despicable Me movies! I usually don’t care for anything animated but those movies are definitely the exception. Minions are my spirit animals and thanks to my boyfriend and sister I have a collection of Despicable Me stuffed animals including: Agnes, Kevin, Stuart, fluffy unicorn, and Kyle!
- My two favorite television shows are Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius.
- I love to read and am about to start rereading Neil Gaiman’s Sandman graphic novels for the second time. Sandman is easily one of my favorite series and I plan on getting a tattoo from the amazing artwork that it boasts eventually.
- I was completely heartbroken over the deaths of the great David Bowie and Alan Rickman this past week. The world lost two great talents and I am so sad to see them go.
- One of my goals is to become fluent in French and I’m working very hard to achieve that.
- I’ve gotten over thirty piercings in my twenty-one years of living. I now only have ten – five on my nose, four on my ears, and my bellybutton. I also have four tattoos and I can’t wait to get more soon!
My Nominees (I’m only doing three):
So there you have it, all of the details from My Second One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much again to my friend, Juliet, at: notcapulet for nominating me! What is everyone up to this weekend? What are some fun facts about yourself? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah