Hi everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! As many of you have shown an interest in my therapy journey, here is an update. Meh, it’s going so so. I feel like I have hit the metaphorical wall where nothing seems helpful and I’m running out of things to talk about. And, I’m getting frustrated with rehashing the same shit just worded differently all of the time.
I’ve actually been playing around with the idea of not going after the few appointments left that I have scheduled. But, I feel like that’s a bad idea. Maybe once every two weeks would be a bit better. I don’t know, it’s just becoming more of an annoyance than anything, and I feel like I’m getting even more pissed off by my weekly visits.
Obviously, there’s still a bunch of stuff in the ol’ mental health department that I need to work on, but I just feel kind of burnt out. Like I’m so micro-focused on it that it’s making me even more depressed, anxious, and just all around angry. I feel like I need a break. I guess that will just be something to chat about during this week’s session, amIright?!
Who else has felt similarly to the above during their time in therapy? How did you deal with it? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! I am an avid fan of Netflix, and couldn’t believe that I had forgotten some of my must watches on my Top Ten Picks recent post. Netflix has really stepped up their game lately and I have deeply enjoyed these additional flicks:
- Welcome To Me: This movie is Kristen Wiig perfection. The part of a borderline personality disorder patient turned millionaire turned talk show host was made for her. It’s quirky, hilarious, and heartwarming all at the same time. I LOVE this movie.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall: I finally watched this flick about a week ago and it was so funny! With an all star cast of Jason Segal, Mila Kunis, and the hunky Russell Brand, how can you go wrong? Throwing Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill in for good measure was just the cherry on top.
- Bedeviled: This cheeky horror flick was actually a lot of fun. It had the scare factor of a ghostly smartphone app with some very clever humor thrown in. It wasn’t the best, by any means, but it certainly wasn’t the worst, either.
- Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2: How could I forget this amazing series?! I watched these two Quintin Tarantino classics about a month ago for the first time and I was BLOWN AWAY. Is Uma Therman a badass or what?! Now how about a third one, please?
- The Polka King: This based on a true story Jack Black flick is a winner. It’s a humorous tale of just how far a man will go to chase his dreams of building an empire. Jack Black’s Polish accent is a trip and it is an all around great effort by all parties involved.
- Lion: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Everything about this movie. The cast, the amazing true story, the cute as a button Sunny Pawar. Omg, what an absolutely mesmerizing tearjerker. I must read the book that Lion is based off of soon!
- V For Vendetta: One of my all time favorite movies and graphic novels. Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman are a match made in heaven and I could watch this movie on the daily. It’s an excellent pick for fans of The Matrix and justice. 😉
- To Kill A Mockingbird: An amazing book, an amazing movie. Gregory Peck is perfection. Need I say more?
- Dallas Buyers Club: Alright, alright, alright. A cast dreamed up by the movie gods, a true story, an inspiration. I loved this movie when it first came out and swept the award season and I still love it now. Definitely a tearjerker, but well worth the watch.
- Untraceable: It was crazy, because I watched this movie a month or so ago and a week later it was put on Netflix. This is a surprisingly gruesome mid-2000’s horror flick and I am a huge fan. And, hello, young Colin Hanks! Not for the faint of heart, but definitely for fans of Saw!
As you can see, I had no problem adding another ten movies to my Netflix must watch list. And, honestly, I could add a lot more – which I probably will! I have been nothing short of impressed with Netflix’s recent selections, and it deserves to be celebrated.
What is on your Netflix or Hulu must watch list? Shall I do another top ten post soon? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and Happy Monday! I just wanted to make a friendly PSA that Target has the best five dollar movie selection that I have ever seen. I went on Friday to browse around and ended up with SEVEN brand new DVDs for thirty-five bucks. Now, normally I would never purchase movies because they usually range in the ten to teen dollar range and that’s too much for me. But, five dolla holla? I can definitely swing that! Take a look at my purchases and be sure to hit up Target for some five dollar movie fun:
- Edward Scissorhands: Such classic Johnny Depp. It doesn’t get much better than this.
- The Heat: One of my favorite comedies – my mom and I LOVE this movie and I swear I watch it every time it’s on TV.
- We’re The Millers: Lol, this movie kills me. My sister and I saw this when it came out in theaters and we were dying the entire time!
- Beetlejuice: Need I say more? This movie rocks.
- Napoleon Dynamite: I reference this movie frequently in my daily life, so buying it was a must.
- Horrible Bosses 2: I love the Horrible Bosses movies. I own the first one, so I might as well have bought the second!
- School Of Rock: This flick is one of my favorites. It’s hilarious, the music is great, and everyone in my family freaking loves it.
I feel so spoiled to have bought so many movies, but it was such an amazing deal that I just couldn’t pass it up. In fact, I plan on going back to Target again soon to snag some of the DVDs that I didn’t buy during my Friday trip. How can you say no to five dollars?!
What is your favorite movie? Who else has shopped the five dollar DVD section at Target? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Monday! If you are anything like me, then I am sure that you revel in every chance that you can get to sit down and enjoy the Winter Olympic games in Pyeongchang. I have been loving taking some time out of my evenings to watch the different events with any of my family members that feel like joining me. And it’s so wonderful to think that in households literally all over the world, families just like mine are doing the exact same thing. If that doesn’t get you in the Olympic spirit, then I really don’t know what will.
Aside from a few choice sports in the summer games, I have always been fond of the Winter Olympics. No, not just because I love watching figure skating, as a former competitive skater myself! But that is a big part of it! Alas, there is something about the Winter Games that is so exhilarating. Perhaps it’s the briskness in the mountain air as you watch the downhill skiers whirl down at seventy miles per hour. Or maybe it’s when the snowboarders do magnificent tricks on the half pipe and your heart catches in your throat. Whatever it may be, the Winter Games have always been magical to me.
All Olympic sports and athletes are amazing. Every single one. But during the Winter Games, I always seem to be exclaiming “How do they do that?!” during every event. Not to downplay the Summer Games, but we all know what those events look like. During the Winter Games, there is so much variety and events where anything goes and it’s so special.
You watch the Skeleton event where it looks like the athletes could fly off the edge of the track at any second. Or maybe you’re checking the ice skaters out as they hurl themselves in the air and revolving four times. And each event, you see something that makes you think to yourself, “they must be crazy”. And maybe they are. But if crazy gets you to the Winter Olympics all the way in Pyeongchang to give you the opportunity to represent your country, then I want to be crazy too.
Who else is an avid fan of the Winter Olympics? What is your favorite event? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Featured Image By: Brit+Co
Heyy everyone and happy Monday! Today we are going to rock out to the music that has been on repeat on the ol’ iPod. The icy cold winter weather is about to warm up with some flaming hot January Jams. Take a listen (And, as always, I have no rights to any of these songs or videos!):
I have been SUPER obsessed with Modest Mouse as of late and have been having a blast playing all of their albums on shuffle. I also recently got back into Purity Ring after a chance encounter with them on Serius XM, which brought me back to one of my favorite Danny Brown remixes on “Belispeak”. I am super pumped to get their latest album, Another Eternity, from the library because it has been far too long since I have heard anything new by them!
Another band that I have really been feeling lately is The New Pornographers and, like Modest Mouse, I have been playing their albums on shuffle, as well. Twin Cinema will always be the jam, though! And, as always, trust and believe that hella Marilyn Manson has been peppered into my selection, he just didn’t make an appearance on this month’s list. 😀
What are your favorite songs right now? What is your go to genre of music? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy Monday! As of today, there are only SEVEN DAYS left till Christmas! That’s one week and that’s one very happy Sarah!
SEVEN DAYS OMGGGGGGG!!!
It’s so crazy, because it feels like Thanksgiving just happened and now Christmas is a single digits amount away? Where in the world has the time gone?! That’s okay, though, because I don’t know about you guys – but I’m ready for a cozy morning with my family opening presents and cooking a great big dinner.
I’ve always loved Christmas. The food, the gifts, the family time. I am so lucky to say that all of my holiday memories have been fond and happy. And, despite a lot of setbacks this year, I know that the big day next week is going to be filled with tons of good cheer and fun.
As you guys know, I completed all of my shopping very early this year, because it was a possibility that a loved one was not going to be home in the holidays. So, I’ve been sitting with boxes full of prezzies in my room, ticking off the days till the 25th like a madwoman! I love buying and presenting my family and friends with presents and all I’ve wanted to do since mid-November is to shove gifts into everyone’s hands and make them open it! But, self control has gotten the best of me, and there will be presents (That have been waiting over a month to be opened!) under the tree for all!
Although the family Christmas tree has been up all year, the Christmas Excitement is so real! How do you celebrate during the holiday season? What is on your holiday wish list? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Monday! Today in Unsung Wardrobe Heroes, we are going to discuss a Goodwill find that has been giving and giving for well over FIVE YEARS now. My favorite flannel is said Goodwill find and I got it for a whole four dolla holla. It is Hollister brand, which I normally never wear, but at four dollars and a new but used condition – how can you not? Take a look and let’s discuss:
What I love the most about this button down is its versatility. I can wear it unbuttoned over a crop top, buttoned up with a blazer over top of it for work, or buttoned with a moto jacket for play. And can we talk about its ability to create the perfect pinup girl look simply by tying it in a cropped knot? So flirty and fun! This top looks great with virtually anything and the checked pattern is classic, which creates a timeless look with every wear.
My favorite way to wear this top currently is buttoned down under a blazer. I love wearing it like this for work, because it creates a really true business casual look. My oversized boyfriend blazer looks cool and chic over this more closely fitted top and it takes it from a top for play to a top for work in an instant. At twenty-three, I never want to look stuffy when I’m with my clients, and this look keeps me feeling youthful and fresh, while still professional.
I normally don’t shop Goodwill or Plato’s Closet for the simple reason that I’m a pretty intense germophobe, so I don’t get a lot of pleasure in going. However, I faced my fear and I wound up with one of my go to tops in my wardrobe so maybe I should do it more often!
So there you have it, this week’s issue of Unsung Wardrobe Heroes: Hollister Flannel Edition! How do you fight germophobia while thrifting? What is your favorite thrift store find? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah