Hellooooo! Can you believe that it’s November already? The spooky month of October is officially out and we are fully into Thanksgiving and Christmas territory. This means that holiday music will be coming in hot and Lil Red just won’t stand for that. After hearing Christmas songs day in and day out for three months of the year for four years of working in the mall, I’ve heard enough to last me a lifetime. So, I’ll be listening to the following, instead:
(And, as always, I have no rights to these songs or videos!)
First of all, let’s get one thing straight: I do not like Post Malone. Lol, frankly, I don’t even know who he is. BUT, my sister plays the song “I Fall Apart” when we’re together and the lyrics of “whippin in the foreign, but the tears keep blowin” put us in hysterics every time. So, yes, this song needed to be included.
Now that that disclaimer is out of the way, this month is all about Fleetwood Mac and Stevie, Stevie, Stevie. My parents saw FM when they came to Cleveland at the end of October and we are still riding the high of their concert by playing all Fleetwood Mac everything. The Edge Of Seventeen is our go to jam, because it always gives us a laugh thinking about our favorite scene from School Of Rock:
Yeah…. Stevie. 😉
Watch and enjoy the above hilarity and then keep on rocking all month long with my November Funky Time Jams!
What is your favorite music themed movie? What are your thoughts on holiday music? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hiii everyone and happy weekend! I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day so far. On Thursday I was so flattered to be nominated for My Second One Lovely Blog Award by the sweet Juliet at: notcapulet! I’m so appreciative to everyone who has been nominating me for all of these fun awards lately – believe me, it does not go unnoticed! As always, with these awards comes some rules for the nominees to follow, so take a look:
- Thank the person who nominated them, including a link to their blog.
- List the rules and include the award badge in their acceptance post.
- Add seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and notify them of their nomination.
Now, I suppose I have to think of some new fun facts about me – which is actually kind of difficult! I’m really not that exciting. Let’s see…
All About Me:
- I currently have over twenty days worth of music on my iTunes and my collection is always growing. I’m looking forward to adding Enya’s newest album, Dark Sky Island, as well as some Fleetwood Mac next.
- I absolutely adore the Despicable Me movies! I usually don’t care for anything animated but those movies are definitely the exception. Minions are my spirit animals and thanks to my boyfriend and sister I have a collection of Despicable Me stuffed animals including: Agnes, Kevin, Stuart, fluffy unicorn, and Kyle!
- My two favorite television shows are Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a genius.
- I love to read and am about to start rereading Neil Gaiman’s Sandman graphic novels for the second time. Sandman is easily one of my favorite series and I plan on getting a tattoo from the amazing artwork that it boasts eventually.
- I was completely heartbroken over the deaths of the great David Bowie and Alan Rickman this past week. The world lost two great talents and I am so sad to see them go.
- One of my goals is to become fluent in French and I’m working very hard to achieve that.
- I’ve gotten over thirty piercings in my twenty-one years of living. I now only have ten – five on my nose, four on my ears, and my bellybutton. I also have four tattoos and I can’t wait to get more soon!
My Nominees (I’m only doing three):
So there you have it, all of the details from My Second One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much again to my friend, Juliet, at: notcapulet for nominating me! What is everyone up to this weekend? What are some fun facts about yourself? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hellooo everyone and welcome to another edition of Woman Crush Wednesday – Stevie Nicks style! The music of the lovely Miss Nicks was a big part of my childhood and every day life now because my parents instilled a love of Fleetwood Mac in me from a young age. So here’s to you, Stevie, because you’ve earned a coveted spot as Lil Red’s #WCW! Let’s discuss:
Dear Stevie Nicks,
Oh Stevie, you gorgeous music/fashion/American Horror Story icon, I just adore you. It only seemed right to post the taping of a live performance of “Sara” as the video I chose to honor you because my parents would always play it for me when I was little. To this day it still remains one of my favorite songs. Your strong and unique voice inspires me with the spirit of pure girl power and you are one of my fashion idols. I have been so obsessed with everything boho rocker chic as of late and I think of you whenever I’m sporting one of my floor length kimonos. In fact, every time I wear one of my flowy favorites my mom will request that I “twirl around like Stevie”, which I happily oblige to! Your cameo on American Horror Story: Coven was one of my top highlights of AHS in its entirety and I really think you are too cool for words. I hate using the word “cool” to describe people but it just fits you so well! Your incredible presence and effortless style scream cool to me, in the best way possible. As a child I wanted to be you when I grew up and here I am as a twenty-one year old who still is waiting to be you. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
^^^ Oh. My. God. She’s seriously flawless and I am SO in love with the black and white photo!!
So there you have it, this weeks Woman Crush Wednesday: Stevie Nicks Edition. Who is your #WCW this week? What is your favorite creative endeavor from my woman crush? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah