Hi everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! I am an avid fan of Netflix, and couldn’t believe that I had forgotten some of my must watches on my Top Ten Picks recent post. Netflix has really stepped up their game lately and I have deeply enjoyed these additional flicks:
- Welcome To Me: This movie is Kristen Wiig perfection. The part of a borderline personality disorder patient turned millionaire turned talk show host was made for her. It’s quirky, hilarious, and heartwarming all at the same time. I LOVE this movie.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall: I finally watched this flick about a week ago and it was so funny! With an all star cast of Jason Segal, Mila Kunis, and the hunky Russell Brand, how can you go wrong? Throwing Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill in for good measure was just the cherry on top.
- Bedeviled: This cheeky horror flick was actually a lot of fun. It had the scare factor of a ghostly smartphone app with some very clever humor thrown in. It wasn’t the best, by any means, but it certainly wasn’t the worst, either.
- Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2: How could I forget this amazing series?! I watched these two Quintin Tarantino classics about a month ago for the first time and I was BLOWN AWAY. Is Uma Therman a badass or what?! Now how about a third one, please?
- The Polka King: This based on a true story Jack Black flick is a winner. It’s a humorous tale of just how far a man will go to chase his dreams of building an empire. Jack Black’s Polish accent is a trip and it is an all around great effort by all parties involved.
- Lion: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Everything about this movie. The cast, the amazing true story, the cute as a button Sunny Pawar. Omg, what an absolutely mesmerizing tearjerker. I must read the book that Lion is based off of soon!
- V For Vendetta: One of my all time favorite movies and graphic novels. Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman are a match made in heaven and I could watch this movie on the daily. It’s an excellent pick for fans of The Matrix and justice. 😉
- To Kill A Mockingbird: An amazing book, an amazing movie. Gregory Peck is perfection. Need I say more?
- Dallas Buyers Club: Alright, alright, alright. A cast dreamed up by the movie gods, a true story, an inspiration. I loved this movie when it first came out and swept the award season and I still love it now. Definitely a tearjerker, but well worth the watch.
- Untraceable: It was crazy, because I watched this movie a month or so ago and a week later it was put on Netflix. This is a surprisingly gruesome mid-2000’s horror flick and I am a huge fan. And, hello, young Colin Hanks! Not for the faint of heart, but definitely for fans of Saw!
As you can see, I had no problem adding another ten movies to my Netflix must watch list. And, honestly, I could add a lot more – which I probably will! I have been nothing short of impressed with Netflix’s recent selections, and it deserves to be celebrated.
What is on your Netflix or Hulu must watch list? Shall I do another top ten post soon? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Howdy!! I am a creature of habit, and I enjoy my nightly routine well…nightly. I love to practice American Sign Language before bed, and after peeing several hundred times (#TMI), I like to settle in with a movie on Netflix. To me, Netflix can be hit or miss with their selection but, I’ve got to say, I’ve been thoroughly impressed these past few months. These are my Netflix Top Ten Picks:
- The Gift: This is a good one! In fact, I just started rewatching it last night. I am a HUGE Jason Bateman fan and it is so fun seeing him in more serious roles. If you are similar to me in that regard, then definitely give the TV series, Ozark, a try as well.
- Veronica: As a horror movie junkie, I had to give this Spanish language film a try. I had seen an article that said that people were turning this film off halfway through because it was so scary. Now, I wouldn’t go that far – but the movie was good. I enjoyed watching it and I’m sure I’ll rewatch it again at some point or another.
- The Conjuring: And, speaking of scary movies, this one is one of my favorites! You can’t go wrong with The Conjuring. I’ve seen it several times and there are parts that still get me!
- We Need To Talk About Kevin: Tilda Swinton gives me life. This entire cast does, actually. I love this movie. I love this book. And, similarly to Jason Bateman, it sure is fun to see John C. Reilly take on a more serious role.
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story: And, of course, you can’t mention John C. Reilly without mentioning Walk Hard, as well. This movie is a trip and is perfect for when you need a good laugh. And, can we talk about Jack White’s Cameo as Elvis Presley? Swoon!
- It Might Get Loud: And, speaking of Jack White, you can’t not talk about It Might Get Loud. A music documentary featuring Mr. White, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, and U2’s The Edge – it doesn’t get much better than this. I deeply, deeply enjoy this documentary and, if you like good music, you will too.
- The Babadook: I’m not gonna lie, I hated this movie when I saw it for the first time. And, then, I rewatched it and realized that it is just as good as people say it is. The story line and acting is all great and I can definitely see myself watching it again sometime soon.
- Goodfellas: This classic got added recently and I am a huge, huge fan. The cast is to die for, the director is sublime, and the soundtrack is banging. 10/10 would watch multiple times.
- Beauty & The Beast (French Version): The French version of Beauty & The Beast is absolutely delicious. Everything about it is just lush, gorgeous, storybook heaven and I never get sick of watching it.
- Berlin Syndrome: This thriller was just fantastic. I watched it about a week ago and would gladly rewatch it again. It is wonderful to see a film where the captured outsmarts the captor and it will have you rooting for the heroine the entire time.
If you ever feel like you’re endlessly scrolling through Netflix and still can’t find something to watch, just keep my top ten list in mind and you’ll be happily watching a new flick in no time!
What is on your watch list on Netflix right now? What is your night time routine? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Howdy! As you know from yesterday’s post, Lil Red went hard at the five dollar movie section at Target. Due to such amazing savings and my desire to amp up my DVD collection, I just had to go back this weekend – this time, bringing along my dear old dad. I ended up with four new DVDs and I think my dad bought five for himself! It was a daddy/daughter bargain night out and we had a blast. Here are the four new selections that I purchased:
- Clueless: As if!! This movie speaks to me on a spiritual level and every human being should see it at least once.
- Bridesmaids: I snagged the last copy of this movie and I am so glad that I did! Melissa McCarthy is my hero.
- Lord Of The Rings 3 Film Collection: For all three LOTR movies, I paid ten bucks. You can’t beat that! Now, I just need to get The Hobbit flicks and I’ll be all set!
- The Interview: Classic Seth Rogen and James Franco – this movie is a trip. AND it was only FOUR BUCKS!!
I think I’m all done buying movies for a good long while, but this DVD haul was well worth it. Netflix is nice and all, but sometimes their selection is weak at best. This haul will definitely make Mushenheim Movie Night more fun for weekends to come – no trips to the library or video store included!
Which movie do you think that everyone should see once? How many movies do you have in your collection? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and Happy Monday! I just wanted to make a friendly PSA that Target has the best five dollar movie selection that I have ever seen. I went on Friday to browse around and ended up with SEVEN brand new DVDs for thirty-five bucks. Now, normally I would never purchase movies because they usually range in the ten to teen dollar range and that’s too much for me. But, five dolla holla? I can definitely swing that! Take a look at my purchases and be sure to hit up Target for some five dollar movie fun:
- Edward Scissorhands: Such classic Johnny Depp. It doesn’t get much better than this.
- The Heat: One of my favorite comedies – my mom and I LOVE this movie and I swear I watch it every time it’s on TV.
- We’re The Millers: Lol, this movie kills me. My sister and I saw this when it came out in theaters and we were dying the entire time!
- Beetlejuice: Need I say more? This movie rocks.
- Napoleon Dynamite: I reference this movie frequently in my daily life, so buying it was a must.
- Horrible Bosses 2: I love the Horrible Bosses movies. I own the first one, so I might as well have bought the second!
- School Of Rock: This flick is one of my favorites. It’s hilarious, the music is great, and everyone in my family freaking loves it.
I feel so spoiled to have bought so many movies, but it was such an amazing deal that I just couldn’t pass it up. In fact, I plan on going back to Target again soon to snag some of the DVDs that I didn’t buy during my Friday trip. How can you say no to five dollars?!
What is your favorite movie? Who else has shopped the five dollar DVD section at Target? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Helloooo everyone and happy weekend! With a new month upon us, let’s discuss some of the music that I’ve been playing on repeat while driving about and getting ready in the morning. It’s a bit of a hodge podge collection this month, but that kind of fits in with the haphazardness that was February. So, crank up your volume and let’s discuss:
(And, as always, I have no rights to any of these songs or videos!)
As you can see, I wasn’t lying when I said that it has been a little bit of this and a little bit of that on my playlist. I have been spending a lot of time switching between funky AF Prince to emo classic The Used and Led Zeppelin sound alike Greta Van Fleet. They are actually coming to Cleveland in July and tickets sold out SO quickly, so I wasn’t able to snag them. I have also been enjoying listening through U2’s latest album Songs Of Experience, so including Get Out Of Your Own Way on this list was a must!
Who is on your March playlist? What kind of music do you listen to to reflect your mood? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Howdy! Did you know that singing in the car or shower is a great stress reliever? That’s what my therapist told me and, damnit, it’s true. Nothing makes me feel better than playing my music really loud in the car and singing along with my favorite songs. Including some of the following:
(And, as always, I have no rights to these songs or videos!)
This month, I had to give credit where credit is due because Justin Timberlake’s halftime show at the Super Bowl was just to die for. No one can deny how much talent that that man has and his nod to Prince was a much appreciated touch during his performance. I also have fallen back in love again with Sufjan Stevens, thanks to his song “Tonya Harding”, which was perfect to listen to after seeing I, Tonya which was absolutely fabulous.
And, of course, I had to celebrate some new tunes by the love of my life, Jack White, from his upcoming album Boarding House Reach. What a guy, what a guy, what a heck of a guy! ❤
What have you been listening to this month? How did you feel about the Super Bowl halftime show? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey! Today we are going to wrap up my hand me down makeup haul from my sister with a swatch of my favorite new nude lippie color. I have been a HUGE fan of Tarte’s lip paint ever since I got the birthday blush and mini lip paint tube from Sephora FO FREE. I absolutely love both of them, and the lip paint that I received for my bday remains one of my favorite nude lippies. So, I was freaking THRILLED when my sister gave me the Tarte lip paint that she rejected in “Rosé”, a shade that’s only a hair darker than what I got for my birthday freebie. Take a look:
Hmm… Why are there two heart swatches, you might ask?
ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN:
Okay, so after I finished taking my pictures, I went to the bathroom to wipe off the swatch. The first heart seen above is what I had taken when I first put the lip paint on. The second heart is what the product looked like after TWO rough scrubbings with a wet hand towel. The color had barely budged and is still on my hand as I’m writing this. Ah-freaking-mayzing.
I have my birthday lip paint, a red one, and this newest addition by Tarte and they have all proven to be as long lasting as what I just described. It wasn’t a fluke. If you are preparing on eating a five course meal but really want to wear lipstick, Tarte lip paint is what you should use. It. Doesn’t. Come. Off.
Does it get much better than that?
Because this Rosé color is freaking gorgeous, dahling. It’s funny, because I stay very true to my favorite red lipstick, but I LOVE using different nude ones. Admittedly, I only like wearing a really specific shade of red because I know what looks best with my skin and hair. But you can play around with nude shades because a color a bit lighter or darker isn’t going to make or break your look. Rosé is probably the darkest nude lippie that I own at the moment and I am looking forward to wearing it throughout the rest of the winter for some fresh faced fabulousness.
Who else is a fan of Tarte lip products? What is your favorite shade? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah