Hi everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! I am an avid fan of Netflix, and couldn’t believe that I had forgotten some of my must watches on my Top Ten Picks recent post. Netflix has really stepped up their game lately and I have deeply enjoyed these additional flicks:
- Welcome To Me: This movie is Kristen Wiig perfection. The part of a borderline personality disorder patient turned millionaire turned talk show host was made for her. It’s quirky, hilarious, and heartwarming all at the same time. I LOVE this movie.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall: I finally watched this flick about a week ago and it was so funny! With an all star cast of Jason Segal, Mila Kunis, and the hunky Russell Brand, how can you go wrong? Throwing Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill in for good measure was just the cherry on top.
- Bedeviled: This cheeky horror flick was actually a lot of fun. It had the scare factor of a ghostly smartphone app with some very clever humor thrown in. It wasn’t the best, by any means, but it certainly wasn’t the worst, either.
- Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2: How could I forget this amazing series?! I watched these two Quintin Tarantino classics about a month ago for the first time and I was BLOWN AWAY. Is Uma Therman a badass or what?! Now how about a third one, please?
- The Polka King: This based on a true story Jack Black flick is a winner. It’s a humorous tale of just how far a man will go to chase his dreams of building an empire. Jack Black’s Polish accent is a trip and it is an all around great effort by all parties involved.
- Lion: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Everything about this movie. The cast, the amazing true story, the cute as a button Sunny Pawar. Omg, what an absolutely mesmerizing tearjerker. I must read the book that Lion is based off of soon!
- V For Vendetta: One of my all time favorite movies and graphic novels. Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman are a match made in heaven and I could watch this movie on the daily. It’s an excellent pick for fans of The Matrix and justice. 😉
- To Kill A Mockingbird: An amazing book, an amazing movie. Gregory Peck is perfection. Need I say more?
- Dallas Buyers Club: Alright, alright, alright. A cast dreamed up by the movie gods, a true story, an inspiration. I loved this movie when it first came out and swept the award season and I still love it now. Definitely a tearjerker, but well worth the watch.
- Untraceable: It was crazy, because I watched this movie a month or so ago and a week later it was put on Netflix. This is a surprisingly gruesome mid-2000’s horror flick and I am a huge fan. And, hello, young Colin Hanks! Not for the faint of heart, but definitely for fans of Saw!
As you can see, I had no problem adding another ten movies to my Netflix must watch list. And, honestly, I could add a lot more – which I probably will! I have been nothing short of impressed with Netflix’s recent selections, and it deserves to be celebrated.
What is on your Netflix or Hulu must watch list? Shall I do another top ten post soon? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Howdy!! I am a creature of habit, and I enjoy my nightly routine well…nightly. I love to practice American Sign Language before bed, and after peeing several hundred times (#TMI), I like to settle in with a movie on Netflix. To me, Netflix can be hit or miss with their selection but, I’ve got to say, I’ve been thoroughly impressed these past few months. These are my Netflix Top Ten Picks:
- The Gift: This is a good one! In fact, I just started rewatching it last night. I am a HUGE Jason Bateman fan and it is so fun seeing him in more serious roles. If you are similar to me in that regard, then definitely give the TV series, Ozark, a try as well.
- Veronica: As a horror movie junkie, I had to give this Spanish language film a try. I had seen an article that said that people were turning this film off halfway through because it was so scary. Now, I wouldn’t go that far – but the movie was good. I enjoyed watching it and I’m sure I’ll rewatch it again at some point or another.
- The Conjuring: And, speaking of scary movies, this one is one of my favorites! You can’t go wrong with The Conjuring. I’ve seen it several times and there are parts that still get me!
- We Need To Talk About Kevin: Tilda Swinton gives me life. This entire cast does, actually. I love this movie. I love this book. And, similarly to Jason Bateman, it sure is fun to see John C. Reilly take on a more serious role.
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story: And, of course, you can’t mention John C. Reilly without mentioning Walk Hard, as well. This movie is a trip and is perfect for when you need a good laugh. And, can we talk about Jack White’s Cameo as Elvis Presley? Swoon!
- It Might Get Loud: And, speaking of Jack White, you can’t not talk about It Might Get Loud. A music documentary featuring Mr. White, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, and U2’s The Edge – it doesn’t get much better than this. I deeply, deeply enjoy this documentary and, if you like good music, you will too.
- The Babadook: I’m not gonna lie, I hated this movie when I saw it for the first time. And, then, I rewatched it and realized that it is just as good as people say it is. The story line and acting is all great and I can definitely see myself watching it again sometime soon.
- Goodfellas: This classic got added recently and I am a huge, huge fan. The cast is to die for, the director is sublime, and the soundtrack is banging. 10/10 would watch multiple times.
- Beauty & The Beast (French Version): The French version of Beauty & The Beast is absolutely delicious. Everything about it is just lush, gorgeous, storybook heaven and I never get sick of watching it.
- Berlin Syndrome: This thriller was just fantastic. I watched it about a week ago and would gladly rewatch it again. It is wonderful to see a film where the captured outsmarts the captor and it will have you rooting for the heroine the entire time.
If you ever feel like you’re endlessly scrolling through Netflix and still can’t find something to watch, just keep my top ten list in mind and you’ll be happily watching a new flick in no time!
What is on your watch list on Netflix right now? What is your night time routine? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah