Hi everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! I am an avid fan of Netflix, and couldn’t believe that I had forgotten some of my must watches on my Top Ten Picks recent post. Netflix has really stepped up their game lately and I have deeply enjoyed these additional flicks:
- Welcome To Me: This movie is Kristen Wiig perfection. The part of a borderline personality disorder patient turned millionaire turned talk show host was made for her. It’s quirky, hilarious, and heartwarming all at the same time. I LOVE this movie.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall: I finally watched this flick about a week ago and it was so funny! With an all star cast of Jason Segal, Mila Kunis, and the hunky Russell Brand, how can you go wrong? Throwing Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill in for good measure was just the cherry on top.
- Bedeviled: This cheeky horror flick was actually a lot of fun. It had the scare factor of a ghostly smartphone app with some very clever humor thrown in. It wasn’t the best, by any means, but it certainly wasn’t the worst, either.
- Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2: How could I forget this amazing series?! I watched these two Quintin Tarantino classics about a month ago for the first time and I was BLOWN AWAY. Is Uma Therman a badass or what?! Now how about a third one, please?
- The Polka King: This based on a true story Jack Black flick is a winner. It’s a humorous tale of just how far a man will go to chase his dreams of building an empire. Jack Black’s Polish accent is a trip and it is an all around great effort by all parties involved.
- Lion: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Everything about this movie. The cast, the amazing true story, the cute as a button Sunny Pawar. Omg, what an absolutely mesmerizing tearjerker. I must read the book that Lion is based off of soon!
- V For Vendetta: One of my all time favorite movies and graphic novels. Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman are a match made in heaven and I could watch this movie on the daily. It’s an excellent pick for fans of The Matrix and justice. 😉
- To Kill A Mockingbird: An amazing book, an amazing movie. Gregory Peck is perfection. Need I say more?
- Dallas Buyers Club: Alright, alright, alright. A cast dreamed up by the movie gods, a true story, an inspiration. I loved this movie when it first came out and swept the award season and I still love it now. Definitely a tearjerker, but well worth the watch.
- Untraceable: It was crazy, because I watched this movie a month or so ago and a week later it was put on Netflix. This is a surprisingly gruesome mid-2000’s horror flick and I am a huge fan. And, hello, young Colin Hanks! Not for the faint of heart, but definitely for fans of Saw!
As you can see, I had no problem adding another ten movies to my Netflix must watch list. And, honestly, I could add a lot more – which I probably will! I have been nothing short of impressed with Netflix’s recent selections, and it deserves to be celebrated.
What is on your Netflix or Hulu must watch list? Shall I do another top ten post soon? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah