Hiii everyone! If you’re not hip to my Facebook page, where I primarily post pictures of yours truly, then you are missing out! So, feel free to send me a friend request or follow me at: Sarah Mushenheim. But, since I am a benevolent blogger and I don’t want anyone to feel like they’re missing out, here’s a few of the most recent pics I’ve posted in the past few months. Enjoy!
A Brief Explanation:
Pics 1 & 2: Ain’t nothing wrong with a little no makeup day! There was a time in my life where I wouldn’t be caught dead with no makeup on, so it feels good to be able to walk around in a fresh face and feel confident about it.
Pic 3: On my way to my sister’s baby shower! Valerie Jane will be here before we know it and I am so excited to be a TT to my little niece!
Pic 4: Finally feeling better after a month of oral surgery BULLSHIT! I believe that I took this pic on my first official day back at work so I had to show out.
Pic 5: Lots of tattoos! I have twenty-five now and am constantly getting more, more, more. 😀
Pic 6: One of my clients got a new St. Bernard puppy named Groot! He is the goodest boy and his St. Bernard big brother, Max, has been showing him the ropes of doghood. So cute I can’t even.
What is your favorite form of social media? Do you prefer selfies or someone taking pictures of you? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hello! The broadcast of the Naked palette swatches has been interrupted by some Selfie Spam & An Accessory Story. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Wow, I guess I’ve been really feeling myself lately!
The pictures that I love the most are the ones with some very special accessories. In two of the above pictures, I am rocking some of the hats from my late grandma’s collection and never have I felt so beautiful. My beloved grandma had a stock pile of over one hundred hats, and that love single-handedly got passed down to me in what is known as the “Hat Gene”. Hats are an obsession for me but it’s a healthy one, I promise! This love has helped kick start quite the collection of my own but, my most prized ones are my grandma’s, of course.
Hats are something that require great confidence to pull off and, for a good long while, I just didn’t have it. And, like many things, my self esteem and image got better with time and popping a hat on my head as I walked out the door seemed like an easy thing rather than a nerve wracking feat. Once a better sense of confidence was instilled in me, wearing hats became an exciting staple in my personal style, because nothing screams chic more than a well dressed woman in a beautiful hat.
No matter which hat I choose from my collection to wear, whether it be a vintage piece of my grandma’s or a new purchase of my own, I always feel like I have this warm halo of love around me. I know that my grandma would be so happy to see me wearing her own favorites as well as the new ones that I picked out, all because of her and her timeless elegance. ❤
What is one of your favorite accessories to wear? How about your favorite style of hat? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Heyyy! With August coming to an end, the weather in good ol’ Northeast Ohio is finally cooling down. So much so, that I got to break out one of my faux leather jackets and be able to wear it comfortably. Needless to say, I was really FEELING MYSELF and taking selfies was a must. And, obviously sharing them with all of you is a must too! Take a look:
Once cardigan and light jacket weather ensues, I instantly feel happy. Fall weather is my favorite type of weather and I love dressing for it. I can style a mean autumn outfit, and walking around during the day knowing that I look my best is a surefire way to keep my confidence high no matter what I have in store. I can tell in the pictures above that I was feeling great, and I’m looking forward to more fall days to keep that streak going!
What is your favorite season to dress for? What is an outfit that makes you feel confident? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
HELLOOOO! In the name of fashion and having more updated pics of me on the ol’ blog and social media, I have been taking a lot of selfies lately. Believe me, I’m even starting to annoy myself, but sometimes the pay off is worth it because I really like the pictures seen below:
As you can tell, I was really FEELING MYSELF in these selfies. I am obsessed with my True Destiny Flower Power Top from TJMaxx and, of course, it wouldn’t be a Sarah Selfie without NYX’s Pure Red Matte Lippie being featured! I was actually in the midst of feeling really emotionally shitty the day that I took these pictures. But, sometimes all it takes is getting dolled up, snapping some pics, and getting compliments from strangers on social media to brighten up the day! 😀
Although taking selfies can be a hit or miss activity for me, when it works it works, and I feel like everything was working in the above pictures. My makeup, my eye color, and my favorite top all combined with the ideal natural lighting outdoors made for a perfect photo op, and I am so glad that I took it. And, trust and believe that I ate hella Mexican food immediately after I took these pictures. #success
What are some of your secrets to taking the perfect selfie? How many selfies do you take per week? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Happy Sunday! I realize that it has been a phat minute since I posted a picture of myself and *gasp* I’m not wearing red lipstick in it! I swapped the red during a day out for one of my favorite Tarte lip paint shades in Rosé. This picture is also featuring a Lauren Conrad top from Kohl’s that I got for a whopping five dollars. What whattttttt!
How are you spending Sunday Funday? How often do you take selfies? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Thursday! Since the last selfies that were seen on my blog featured yours truly with a blue face mask on and a fresh face, I thought I would post some pics that I’m a little more confident with to make up for it. Take a looksee and have a fabulous day! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and TGIF! The day that selfies became a thing was the day that the internet changed forever. I bet you any money that you can’t scroll down the newsfeed of any of your preferred social media mediums without seeing at least one selfie in the process. And taking selfies? It’s a process. The selfie: AKA taking twenty minimum one hundred max pictures that, for all intensive purposes, look exactly the same yet so SO remarkably different.
Everyone has had those days when they’re really feeling themselves (ayyy!) but can’t take a good selfie to save their lives (booo!). It’s cruel and unusual and I’m just not going to stand for it. That’s why I’ve come up with a list of pro tips to keep your selfie game on point. No more bad selfie days for all!
1) Find The Light: Okay, yeah I know I sound like Tyra Banks circa ANTM cycles 1-1 million but it’s so true. Half of the selfie struggle is finding good lighting and using it appropriately. That’s why I prefer to take a majority of my selfies outside or in a room where a lot of sunlight filters in.
So you’ve found the light – but are you really finding it? Lol, that sounds like some fake psychology mumbo jumbo but it’s a legitimate question. Finding the light isn’t just about taking a picture in good lighting. It’s more about angling your face so that the sunlight is smacking you right on your cheeks. While you’re having a selfie photo shoot, move your face in small motions until the lighting is just right (And I promise that you will know when that is.), and snap away you selfie queen.
2) Chin Up: I can guarantee that a majority of the selfies that people take are deleted due to the illusion of a double chin. No one likes double chins. Okay, some people probably do. But, for the most part, a double chin is a major selfie faux pas. A killer selfie is all about the long, pretty neck, which can be easily achieved if you tilt your chin slightly upwards when you’re taking pictures. It’s going to feel unnatural, but your double chin days will be a thing of the past when you’re showing off your swan neck. Now, remember, chin up, shoulders back, and WERK.
3) Smize: Okay, yeah I know I sound like Tyra Banks circa ANTM cycles 1-1 million but it’s so true. Dead eyes are a selfie no no. So, I want you to do an exercise with me. Go to the mirror and take a good hard look at yourself. Now, think about something happy and slightly sexy for that perfect “I have a secret” look in your eyes. A day in bed with Johnny Depp, perhaps? Hello! You should notice a visible difference in your face thanks to the newly found alertness and mischievous twinkle in your eyes. Thank you, Johnny Depp day dream!
4) Quirky Cool: All selfies look the same. No matter who you are, from a super model to your average blogger (like me). It’s literally a picture of the camera on the flipped mode taking a shot of your mug. Cool. Now it’s up to you to make your pic unique so you don’t look like everyone else. When selfies first made their internet debut, a normal picture was just fine. But, now, standard selfies just don’t cut it anymore and absolutely nothing is worse than snapping a selfie only to have it be lost in the void of social media because it didn’t stand out.
Nowadays, selfies are more about fashion, quirk, and unlikely scenarios. Throw on a sassy Panama hat, tilt your sunglasses down your nose, and work like your life depends on it. And, bear in mind, that cool backgrounds are a must. What makes a background cool, you might ask? It literally could be anything – you just have to sell it. Take a selfie in front of a garbage can, label it with #ME, and watch the likes pour in. Be silly, be serious, be anything that you want, but for the love of all that is holy – be DIFFERENT.
^^^ Being on top of the world is a pretty sweet background!
5) Give Me Face: Every selfie star has those little quirks that they do when they’re taking pics. Whether it be laughing out loud or giving duck face for days, find what expression works for your face and own it. I, personally, love an angular look. When I snap pictures I bite down on my jaw to give a more defined line. I also slightly suck in my cheeks to give the illusion of cheek bones to cut glass – but shh don’t tell! It’s a selfie secret! 😉
If you’re not keen on edgy cool but love a boho glow, inhale when the camera snaps for a “you just caught me picking flowers from the forbidden garden” face. Sounds silly? It is. But once you find that little quirk that works for you, your selfie game is about to change infinitely. Now, give me face, mother!
With these pro tips compliments of Lil Red, your next selfies are going to be so Instagram worthy that you’re not even going to be able to handle it. Just imagine what your followers are going to think! I taught you how to give face, but now, let Aura Frames teach you some tech savvy ways to up your selfie game even more in this infographic. Snap some gorgeous pics and snag yourself one of Aura Frame’s Digital Picture Frames for the perfect gift for your SO/parent/sister/friend or anyone else that likes looking at you!
What are your tips and tricks for taking the perfect selfie? What is your preferred form of social media? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Bonus Tip: Always, ALWAYS include dogs in your selfies if you can!! My featured image photo can attest to that! 😉 ❤