Hi everyone and happy Hump Day! So in real life, I offer consultations to help people who are just starting out in the blogging world or for people who want to maximize their blog’s potential. Since lifewithlilred has been around for over two and a half years now, I like to think that I know a thing or two! In these consultations, we go over things like the blogger’s personal writing style, a blog name, a writing schedule, an introduction post, and the categories that they want their blog to cover. And, of course, I try to answer any questions that the person might have to the best of my ability as well as offer pro tips to maximize views on their page.
This past weekend, I redownloaded Skype after initially deleting my account so that I could chat with one of my blogging friends in Ghana. After a wonderful talk with someone on an entirely different continent, I asked myself why I couldn’t offer Skype Consultations to those in the blogging world. It wouldn’t be as “hands on” as a real life meeting, obviously. But, I would still be able to give some advice and insight into how to operate a freshly developed blog. And, I also think that I’m sort of funny so our consultation would be peppered with a sad attempt at humor!
If you are interested in a Skype Consultation with yours truly, feel free to email me at email@example.com so we can discuss payment, schedule a time, and talk about your blog a little further so that I can plan our meeting accordingly. Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy Thursday! This past week I completely finished all of my holiday shopping – gifts wrapped and all and let me tell you, I could not be happier! If there’s one thing that rings true about my style of holiday shopping, it’s that it is all done online, as my featured image says. You can call me the Queen of the Amazon because Amazon.com is always my go to website for gift purchasing.
In my family, I have five people to shop for as well as my boyfriend and best friend, so figuring out the perfect gifts for seven people proved to be a bit difficult. But fear not! I am going to share with you guys my techniques to getting your holiday shopping done as efficiently as possible:
- Set a Price Limit: The first thing that I do when the holiday season rolls around is set a price limit for how much I am comfortable spending. Whether that be in total or for each individual person, I make a budget and try very hard to stick to it. Once you know what price range you’re working with, is when you can narrow down the type of presents that you will be giving.
- Create Your Gifting Style: What are your go to’s when it comes to gift giving? My method of choice is giving presents that are compatible with a person’s favorite hobby. Do they like gardening or working outdoors? Pick out a sweet bird feeder and some seed packets! How about baking? Snag some must have ingredients in a cook’s arsenal like flour, sugar, and some cute cookie cutters. Once you know your style of gift giving, it should be easy to come up with some great ideas for everyone you need to shop for.
- Make a List: And check it twice! After you establish your gift giving style, create a list that can be subject to change for your shopping that needs done. I composed an email to myself for all of my shopping that included who I was buying for and gift ideas for each person. As I completed different purchases, I went back to the email and edited it with a big “DONE!” next to each thing that I could check off. This helped keep me organized and it kept me on target for what I wanted which helped me avoid senseless purchasing that strayed from my list.
- Scour the Deals: If you’re shopping at the local mall or from the comfort of home, it is important to make sure that you are getting the best deals for your purchases. Sign up for email updates for the stores that you plan on hitting up to receive notifications of upcoming promotions and discounts. If you are a fan of shopping online, like myself, then I cannot recommend downloading Honey enough! They will hook you up with all of the best promotions for the site that you’re shopping on without having to search for promo codes or discounts. So handy!
- Keep Organized: As you finish up your shopping and begin receiving the parcels that you ordered make sure that you keep everything nice and organized. Set aside space in your closet for your present stockpile and continue to reference your list in regards to your purchases and budget. Then, once all of your shopping is done, pencil in an hour or two to wrap up your presents to avoid prying eyes in the home!
Holiday shopping can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be! If you keep chipping away at your list a bit at a time, soon you will have a present stockpile just begging to be wrapped! Believe me, the sigh of relief you can breathe once you’re all done will make it all worth it!
What is your gift giving style? What is your favorite gift that you have ever received? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Hump Day! I hope all of you are having a great week so far! This is a friendly reminder post that I am still looking for a few more guest bloggers for my fall series! If any of you are interested in participating by creating a post that celebrates all things fall, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! I have a great list of gals who are included thus far but I’d love to add a few more bloggers to the series. After Friday, I will no longer be adding anyone else. Thanks a bunch! –Sarah
Hey everyone and welcome to another week here on lifewithlilred! I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing weekend. As you guys know, I was on the hunt for some fabulous guest bloggers to take my place while I’m away on vacation in June. I would much prefer to have some engaging guest blogs than nothing at all! Thanks to an overflow of emails to yours truly, I selected these wonderful writers to pen a guest post while I’m having some fun in the sun. Check it out:
Guest Blogging Schedule:
I’m so excited to welcome some new and old friends into the world of lifewithlilred and after emailing back and forth with everyone, it promises to be a great lineup while I’m away. Thank you so much to those who reached out to me and let’s give a big hand to my vacation guest bloggers!
Didn’t get selected? Don’t worry! I am always looking for Sunday guest bloggers on my page so don’t be afraid to shoot me an email at: email@example.com! 🙂
So there you have it, this week’s Monday Update: Vacation Guest Bloggers Edition! Who’s all going on vaca this summer? What was the best or worst vacation you’ve ever been on? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy Thursday! As you guys know, I am on the hunt for guest bloggers to help maintain lifewithlilred while I’m away on vacation from June third to the eleventh. I would much rather have guest bloggers showcasing their talent on my page than nothing at all while I’m gone so if you’d like a chance to shine here on lifewithlilred, please get in touch! I’d like to be able to prepare the guest posts for publishing and have them scheduled before I leave so I have nothing blog related to worry about while I’m having some fun in the sun.
I also am looking for two more guest bloggers for the last two Sundays of May. If you are interested in writing a guest post for either month, please shoot me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Just note that I am a stickler for grammar and spelling and just because you send me an email doesn’t necessarily mean you are “in”! If you have emailed me before and I haven’t gotten back to you, don’t be afraid to reach out to me again! My inbox has been flooded after publishing previous posts about my need for guest bloggers so there’s a good chance that I might not have seen everything!
Once again, if you are seriously interested, shoot me an email at: email@example.com!
❤ THANKS!!! ❤
Howdy everyone and happy Hump Day! These next few weeks are going to be very busy for me because I am nearing the end of my spring semester at school on top of work and preparing for my internship. I might not have a daily post in the weeks ahead so fear not, because all is well, I’ll just be a little crunched for time! If you’d like to keep up with what Lil Red is up to on the daily, feel free to follow me on my personal Facebook page or on my page for lifewithlilred! Just please be sure to click on my ads for Twistfire if you do!
ALSO, I’m still looking for guest bloggers for when I leave for vaca during the first week of June so if you’re interested, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Until all of the end of semester papers and exams are done, the best way to reach out to me will be via Facebook or email! Have a great rest of your week! -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy weekend! I wanted to thank everyone who shot me an email after this week’s Monday Update to inquire about being a potential guest blogger here on lifewithlilred. I have four fabulous bloggers selected for the month of May and am very excited! I want May to be filled with posts about sweet summertime so every Sunday will feature beauty, fashion, or lifestyle tips from across the globe! I can’t wait to ring in the summer season with some new and old blogging friends so be prepared for tons of fun posts!
If you didn’t get picked for the month of May, fear not! I will be away on vacation June third through the tenth so I will need a lot of guest bloggers while I’m away. So if you are interested, please keep those emails coming to email@example.com and I will be sure to get back to you at some point during the month to discuss blogging for me while I’m on vaca!
No email? No problem! You can also get in touch with me on my personal Facebook page or my page for lifewithlilred. Just please make sure you give me a like, follow, or a click on my Twistfire ads while you’re there! 😉 Have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing from all of you soon! Much love. -Sarah