Hello and welcome to a brand new OOTD here on lifewithlilred! After getting my hair done and having a wildly successful Fall Haul, I just had to take pictures this past weekend. I wanted to check out this new hiking trail nearby with my husband/photographer but we couldn’t find it to save our own lives. So, Johnny and I settled for taking pictures at Taco Bell instead lol. As we all know, T-Bell is my absolute favorite so this was just fine by me! Check it out:
Who? What? Wear?
When it comes to my OOTDs, the more extravagant the better. However, there’s some days where you just have to throw on jeans and a T and go. This outfit is one of the most minimal looks I have featured on my page but it packs a punch thanks to the accessories, super distressed jeans, and pops of color. It was a perfect look for running errands with Johnny because we always try and show out even if we are just making a Target run!
To add some interest to a simple jeans and T look, it is all about the accessories. I didn’t want to overpower the black and white palette that I had going so I relied on the extras in my OOTD to give small but effective pops of color. I started by putting on my platform heels which added a fun surprise with the flames on the heels. It also helped create the illusion of length as it blended seamlessly with my jeans.
I went with my Union Jack shades and purse to give a pattern to my OOTD without being overwhelming to the muted palette. These accessories provided visual interest that enhanced the look because the colors weren’t too bright and minimal enough that it didn’t put all of the focus on one piece of the outfit. To complete the look, I put on my favorite bracelet from Claire’s that has a chain which connects to a ring and walked out the door feeling my damn self.
By the end of my styling session, I felt like a million bucks and had an outfit that I was in love with even though it is a far cry from my norm. For some people, stepping out of their comfort zone means wearing a more bold piece. For me, it means toning things down and my Jeans & A T OOTD definitely did that! The accessories tied this look together but, let’s be honest, the outfit was already made with Britney Spears on my T-shirt. ❤
Tune in tomorrow for bonus pictures from this look as well as the funny story behind winding up at Taco Bell for a photo shoot! 😀
Who is your favorite pop star? How do you step out of your comfort zone in your outfits? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi! I wouldn’t say that I wear T-shirts super often but ever since Johnny and I purchased matching Impractical Jokers Ts, I have been much more willing to incorporate them into my wardrobe. During our shopping trip to TJMaxx, I found two T-shirts that I absolutely could not pass up and I’m sure you can all see why:
Step Brothers is, hands down, my favorite comedy movie EVER and I can’t go a day without quoting it at some point. When Johnny and I were browsing through the men’s section at TJs, this Catalina Wine Mixer T went into my hands as soon as I saw it. This T-shirt speaks to me on nothing short of a spiritual level and I am proud to represent Dale and Brennan! I also cannot wait to snuggle up in my Step Brothers blanket while wearing it:
When I am not sporting my Catalina Wine Mixer T, it will be all about Queen B! Britney Spears has been both mine and my sister’s favorite pop star since we were little. Like many, our hearts broke over the abuse that she suffered under her conservatorship and we want nothing but the best for her. Britney has inspired my sis and I our entire lives and the oversized T I purchased is a tip of my cap to her excellence, talent, and character. We love you, Britney, and have been rooting for you then, now, and always! ❤
Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the last of my Fall Haul and keep it posted for an OOTD to introduce some of my purchases as well as my brand new hairdo!
Who is your favorite pop star? What is your favorite comedy movie? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hiiii everyone and welcome to another month here on lifewithlilred! With spring officially upon us, it only feels right for my music selection for the month to be upbeat, poppy, and filled with girl power. But, of course, it wouldn’t be a Lil Red music post without some good old horror rock and emo screamo thrown in! Let’s get to it:
(And, as always, I have no rights to the above songs or videos!)
I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been watching The Voice with my mom and Kelly Clarkson is one of the judges or if spring really is in the air, but I have been going pop queen crazy lately. Britney, Christina, Lady Gaga – the works. There’s something about the increase in temperature and being able to drive with the windows semi down that puts me in the best mood. And, nothing puts me in a better than best mood than singing along to my most loved pop divas in the Little Red Love Machine!
Of course, all of the emoness that I can muster is still necessary and so is listening to Rob Zombie, since I’ll be seeing him with Marilyn Manson in July. I can’t say that I’m his number one fan or anything, but so far so good. 😀
Which artists do you like to play when you’re in a good mood? Who is your favorite pop queen? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hii everyone and happy Tuesday! I hope you all are having a fabulous week so far. As I tried to clean through some clutter over my winter break, I found that a lot of it lied in the abundance of perfume that I have. Over the last year or two, I’ve refined my taste to just a few specific scents and have found no use for the extra overflow of fragrances in my collection. This has left me with a lot of barely used and brand new perfume that I haven’t the faintest clue what to do with. So I figured, why not post them on the ol’ blog to see if any of my readers are interested in buying some of them. Take a look:
Photo on the left:
- Victoria’s Secret: Very Sexy Now – over 1/2 bottle left, originally $24
- Victoria’s Secret: Sunny Brights Sun Blissed – almost brand new, originally $14
- Victoria’s Secret: Sparkling Citrus Lemon Escape – almost brand new, originally $14
- Victoria’s Secret: VS In Paradise Ocean Bloom – almost brand new, originally $14
Photo on the top:
- Harajuku Lovers: Baby – brand new, originally $25
- Britney Spears: Circus – over 3/4s full, originally $35
- The Body Shop: Strawberry – almost brand new, originally $12
- Victoria’s Secret: Sunny Brights Sun Blissed toilette – almost brand new, originally $20
- Victoria’s Secret: Sparkling Citrus Lemon Escape toilette – almost brand new, originally $20
Photo on the bottom:
- Juicy Couture: Peace, Love, & Couture – brand new, originally $60
- Juicy Couture: original fragrance – 1/4 bottle left, originally $60
- Gwen Stefani: L.A.M.B. – over 1/2 bottle left, originally $65
- PacSun: Kirra – brand new, originally $20
But wait, there’s more! I also have a container full of high end perfume samples. There are twenty-one samples in all and will be three for a dollar for those who are interested! You also might find some of these added on to your purchase as a freebie treat!
It really is Perfumania here on lifewithlilred! If you are interested in any of these fragrances or have any questions, feel free to email me at: email@example.com. All of the prices, shipping, etc. will be figured out by me and you! 🙂 What is your favorite fragrance? What is your least favorite scent? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hiii everyone and happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! When I returned home from my boyfriend’s house yesterday afternoon I was so excited to see that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend at A Maple Girl! It was such a pleasant surprise so I decided to make a Monday Update out of it! Here are my answers to all of the fun questions provided by A Maple Girl:
- Long nails or short? Long – although I’m currently wearing my nails natural and short at the moment. I had extremely long acrylics reminiscent of talons for over half a year but now I’m giving my real nails some recovery time before I get a new set on.
- Red lips or pink? Red!! Haha I would be nothing without my red lips and red hair!
- Favorite YouTube beauty Guru? I don’t really have one…I’m not a big YouTube watcher and I’m honestly so set in my every day makeup routine that I rarely switch it up.
- Favorite season of the year? AUTUMN!!!! I love the fall so much! Fall clothing is my favorite: cardigans, peacoats, fingerless gloves, hats, and cable knit sweaters – I love it all! I really want to get to a haunted house with my boyfriend soon! We actually might be going to Halloweekends at Cedar Point this upcoming weekend. 🙂
- First job? I worked as an actor at a haunted house, Carnival Of Horrors. I was fourteen or so and it was so much fun. I also got to do all of my own makeup which was a blast.
- If you could only use one makeup brand for the rest of your life, which would it be? The Body Shop, hands down. However, I would have to cheat and use NYX for my lipstick because their matte lippies are the best!!
- Dream vacation destination? This is an easy one – traveling through Europe!!
- Favorite book you’ve read recently? I just finished rereading one of my favorite books, Night Film, this past Friday. It’s so fantastic and is in production to be made into a film soon! I liked this book so much that I got one of the quotes, “Do I dare?”, tattooed on my inner left arm.
- Why did you start a blog? Lifewithlilred originally started strictly as a fashion blog because I had multiple people tell me daily that I should start one. I have a very unique personal style and I was flattered that people recognized that and liked it, so I figured “why not?” Now lifewithlilred is more of a lifestyle blog, covering everything from beauty and literature to silly ramblings and mental health.
- Celebrity crush? I have tons! Haha I love Johnny Depp, Jack White, Julian Casablancas, Britney Spears, and Gwen Stefani just to name a few! For more on my celebrity crushes you can tune in to lifewithlilred every Monday and Wednesday for my Man Crush Monday and Woman Crush Wednesday segments!
Here’s how the award works:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link back to their page.
- Copy and Paste the award to your blog
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 500 followers
- Leave a comment on their blog to inform them of their nomination.
My questions for you are:
- What’s the one beauty item you couldn’t live without?
- Who are three of your favorite bands?
- The best gift you’ve ever received?
- The weirdest food you’ve ever ate?
- Favorite childhood movie?
- Your favorite pair of shoes?
- A story of the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- Favorite book?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite subject to blog about?
Once again, I’m so thrilled that I was nominated for the Liebster Award and had such a blast making this post. To those of you who want more of me, you can friend me on Facebook at Sarah Mushenheim, follow my page, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! How was everyone’s weekend? What is the weather like in your neck of the woods? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy Tuesday! So a lot of people have reached out to me about where they can find items from my wardrobe that I feature on here and now I can finally answer with “on http://www.lifewithlilred.com”! Every once in a while during one of my cleaning sprees, I’ll be posting my unwanted items on here that are up for grabs for a reasonable price. If you see anything that you are interested in, shoot me an email at email@example.com! The descriptions of each item will be listed after all of the photos are posted and the prices will be determined by me and you! Take a look:
- Black wedges: Vera Wang, size 8 Med
- Britney Spears Circus perfume, over 3/4’s of the bottle left
- Harajuku Lovers Baby perfume, brand new bottle
- Peace, Love, & Juicy Couture perfume, brand new bottle
- L.A.M.B. perfume, over half of the bottle left
- Nollie perfume, barely used
- Cross locket necklace with the Lord’s Prayer on the inside
- Beaded necklace from The Market Path, a fair trade store in Akron, Ohio
- Floral necklace, PacSun
- Monet umbrella pin, still in packaging
- Owl coin purse from Thailand, never used
- Satchel belt from ModCloth, one size fits all
- Wrap around belt from Hollister, one size fits all
- Betsey Johnson rolling luggage, there are a few rips in the material so this will be going for a great price!
- Emerald green skating dress, Petite
- Open back skating dress, Medium
- Black dress with extra burnt orange crystals included, Child Large
- Black sparkle skirt, Child Large
- Black sparkle leotard, Adult Small
So there you have it, the items currently for sale on Lil Red’s Online Boutique! Once again, if you have any questions or are interested in anything, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! What was the best thing you ever bought online? Do you have an Etsy shop that I should check out? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hello everyone and happy Hump Day! Welcome to another edition of Woman Crush Wednesday! This week the honor of being Lil Red’s #WCW goes to the Queen Of Pop herself, Miss Britney Spears!
Dear Britney Spears,
Oh Britney, you gorgeous little doll, you. You are the epitome of fabulous and words can’t express how much I adore you. I grew up listening to your music on mediums ranging from Radio Disney, MTV, Hit Clips, and everything in between. You were my first example of what a super star really is and you showcased that beautifully. Each and every single one of your songs is iconic in their own right and don’t even get me started on what a legend you are. Pictures of you adorn both mine and my sister’s bedroom walls and all of your albums are safely stowed in our cars and iTunes. You are such a stunner and it’s been a joy watching you grow up as well as your two precious little boys! My sister and I are your number one fans and we both love you so much!!!
^^^ She’s a babe! Shwing!!!!
So there you have it, this weeks edition of Woman Crush Wednesday, Britney Spears style! I hope that all of you are having a great day! Who is your #WCW? What is your favorite Britney Spears song? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah