Hi! Because I’m self employed and Johnny has limited days off, weekend getaways are the way to go for us to break up the monotony of the work week. This past weekend, we made a trip to Conneaut, Ohio which is about an hour and a half away to see the reenactments of D-Day. My Johnny is a huge history buff so when I found out this was happening, I knew we had to go and surprised him with tickets. Tomorrow, I will fill you in on the actual day spent on the beach and today I will talk about our trip so far. Let’s get to it:
We left for Conneaut pretty much as soon as I returned home from work on Thursday and arrived at our hotel right at six o’clock. We stayed at the OYO Hotel and let’s just say it left a lot to be desired. The carpets of our room were so badly stained it honestly looked like a murder scene. There were mystery hairs all over the room and bathroom too, which is insanely nasty. It is apparent that the rooms at the OYO don’t get cleaned thoroughly once a guest leaves and that is unacceptable – especially considering the price that we paid.
Despite being super turned off by the hotel, we were starving and headed to Sparky’s Place for dinner once we dropped our bags off. I wish I took pictures of the delicious burgers and cheese curds that we ordered but our meal was gone as soon as I thought to do so! I didn’t have anything to drink at Sparky’s but Johnny went with their house specialty of “Monkey Punch” which is basically an alcoholic fruit punch. I had one sip to try it and it was really good and I wasn’t expecting that at all because the different liquors listed in it sounded disgusting mixed together!
The cool part about our arrival on Thursday evening, other than our yummy dinner, was driving around Anytown, USA in Conneaut. There were military jeeps and guys in their uniforms driving all over town, having dinner, and mingling with the locals. That was cool, yes. But, the best part was seeing how excited Johnny was anytime any of these vehicles or gentlemen passed by. I can’t wait to see his reaction to the actual reenactments today. 🙂
Tune in tomorrow for more on our adventure in Conneaut. And, if ever you are in the area, do yourselves a huge favor and don’t stay at the OYO because it will have you saying “oh no” in a heartbeat! Whomp whompppppp.
Where is your favorite place to go for a weekend getaway? What was the best road trip you have ever been on? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Howdy! This past weekend, I took a little trip with my mom to Atlanta, Georgia to visit my brother and sister in law. This was actually only my second time on an airplane, which was super exciting in itself! It was a whirlwind of a weekend beginning on Friday afternoon and arriving home around eleven in the morning on Monday. Despite being insanely tired, it was a fun trip and it was nice to spend some time with family before my big move this weekend. But, I am happy to be home so that I can continue to bring you the latest and greatest here on lifewithlilred. Keep it posted for more on my trip, coming soon!
Where is the best place to go for a weekend getaway? What is your preferred method of travel? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hey everyone and happy Saturday! I hope all of you had a great week and are getting into a lot of fun adventures this weekend. I know that I just went on vacation but I’m already in desperate need of another one and thanks to my friends at HomeAway, I’m able to discuss my must haves for a Beach Getaway this summer. Take a look at the super cute graphic that was designed with my list in mind and let’s discuss:
When Lil Red hits the beach, the five items that I have listed above are what I wouldn’t dare to leave the house without. Let’s talk about each item in a little more detail!
- Sunscreen: SPF One Million is everything when you’re pasty pale and are spending a day having fun in the sun. Unfortunately, I always end up burning anyways but the fact that I make an effort by putting sunscreen on makes me feel a little better about it!
- Floppy Hat: I have three Brandy Melville floppy hats and at least one of them has to come with me for a beach getaway. I have one in black, mauve, and forest green. The black is perfect to counterbalance my bright striped bikini and the mauve one is awesome for an evening stroll on the sand.
- Sunglasses: My eyes are incredibly sensitive so I refuse to leave the house without a pair or two of my many sunglasses from my collection. A huge pair of don’t look at me shades are definitely a necessity to save me from the squints and to give my face some extra protection from the sun.
- Gladiator Sandals: I consider every time I leave my house a fashion show so a knee length pair of gladiator sandals to strut about in are my beach footwear of choice. Make sure to pack a cute wrap skirt and crop top for a ready to wear outfit when you leave! Whether you do some shopping on the pier or go out to dinner afterwards, gladiator sandals are totally beach chic.
- Victoria’s Secret Bikini: The Getaway style bikini from VS is literally the best thing that ever happened to me. I have never had a bikini that has fit so well, provided perfect support, and is so fabulously cute. My bikini is horizontally lined with gorgeous lime green, teal, white, and pink stripes and features metallic gold tie strings. I’ve never been very confident in two piecers before and the Victoria’s Secret Getaway style bikini has been a total game changer. Hello, beach goddess!
I want to thank my friends at HomeAway again for providing me with such a fun graphic and I encourage you all to check out their site so you can start planning your perfect getaway!
So there you have it, Lil Red’s Beach Getaway Essentials! What are your vaca must haves? How do you sport a beach chic look? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah