Hello! Due to the crazy circumstances of the past few months, it has been a while since I cooked a big breakfast over the weekend. That was one of my Johnny’s favorite things and our low key New Year’s weekend gave me the opportunity to whip together a new concoction made with the same ingredients as my usual breakfasts. It was basically like the Taco Bell menu of different items using the exact same base ingredients and I was so proud lol. Behold, the vegetarian breakfast pizza:
- 2 cans of Pillsbury biscuits
- White gravy for the sauce
- 5 scrambled eggs
- 6 MorningStar sausage patties
- Shredded cheese
- Hashbrowns if you want!
- Separate the biscuits in half and fill a cooking tray with them to form the crust. Keep an eye on the biscuits while they’re in the oven since they are half of their normal size.
- Begin cooking your additional ingredients of eggs, sausage patties, and hashbrowns. Cut the sausages into bite sized pieces once they are cooked.
- Prepare the white gravy for the sauce (The recipe is in the link under ingredients.). If the gravy gets too thick, add some milk because you should be able to cover the biscuits entirely with just the one pot.
- Assemble your breakfast pizza and top with shredded cheese. Then, stick it back in the oven for a few minutes so it can melt.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
This breakfast pizza turned out delicious if I do say so myself and Johnny does too! Oh yeah, and so does my mom, dad, and sister because they all tried it as well lol. He spent the entire day complimenting my efforts and it made me feel awesome. Of course, I modestly said it was the same thing I always make but assembled differently and he would hear none of that. He also told me it was so good because I haven’t made breakfast in forever and I thought that that was the sweetest. I know that Johnny loves my cooking (He better, anyways!) but to hear him be so forthright about it made getting up early on a Saturday morning to cook all the more worth it. ❤
My Breakfast Pizza is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and a hearty portion of my family agreed. I guess I better start cooking breakfast again!
What is your favorite breakfast food? What is your favorite meal to cook? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah