Hello!!! Ever since I moved into my apartment almost three years ago, I have been convinced that it is haunted. From misplaced footsteps and shadows on the wall to a levitating piece of paper and So. Much. Broken. Glass. there has been many instances that can’t be explained at chez moi.
I let whatever spirit that’s here know that it was okay if he hung out but to please not hurt me any more. My poor feet were tired of being cut by glass shards! It seemed to work and it has been a while since any paranormal activity has happened. But, that changed earlier this week.
When Johnny and I were unwinding with some episodes of Superstore, I went downstairs to go to the bathroom. I walked near my sofa and my socks were soaking wet. I turned the lights on and I saw a HUGE pool of water going all the way to my kitchen table. At first, I thought Johnny spilled something but I thought it to be unlikely that he dropped at least four gallons of water on our apartment floor.
I began looking for any type of explanation for this mini flood and came up short. There was absolutely no water near our dishwasher so I know it didn’t come from that. All of our faucets were turned off, no pipes were leaking, none of our vases of flowers fell, and there was no leaks anywhere on the ceiling. It was the strangest thing!
It took four bath towels to clean up the tidal wave that took place in my living room and I am still stumped as to how it got there. Every explanation that could have caused it was immediately debunked. I’m just thankful that I wasn’t in a rush to get to the bathroom because I could have slipped and fell. I guess spilled water is better than shards of broken glass in my foot, though.
Every time long stretches with no paranormal activity happen, I often think my “ghostie” does something to let me know that he’s still around. He made himself loud and clear this time!
Have you ever witnessed any paranormal activity? Do you have any ideas as to what could have caused this mystery spill? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Thursday! So a little known fact to my readers because I don’t think that I ever shared this on my blog before is that my very first job was as an actor at a haunted house. I worked at the Carnival of Horrors at Blossom Music Center in Ohio for two years in a row and I have to say…it was an experience! I did all of my own makeup, drank an abundance of coffee, and stayed up past one o’clock in the morning Friday through Sunday scaring the general public. At the time, my fifteen and sixteen year old self thought that this was the coolest thing ever and I still feel that way now.
I love all things horror – the films, the serial killer documentaries, the literature, I just can’t get enough. My favorite thing is when my boyfriend and I have our movie Mondays where we just watch scary movies and eat Taco Bell the entire day. I have seen more horror films than I can count but my all time favorite will always be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. One of the other movies in my top five is the wonderful French horror film, Ils, which the American “The Strangers” is based off of. I am an amateur French speaker so their horror films are some of my favorites to watch because compared to comedies and dramas, the dialogue in horror movies is much easier for me to understand.
But I digress. The real reason behind this post besides for giving you guys a little insight into my love for the macabre is that I NEED TO GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE!! I have not been to one in a couple of years and with Halloween just around the corner there is no better time than the present. I have three in mind that I scouted out and because I can’t make decisions to save my life and my sister is no better than me, I am passing the burden on to all of you. 🙂
I am definitely leaning more towards the Factory Of Terror or 7 Floors of Hell but Hauntville was thrown in as the wild card!
I am in desperate need of some Haunted House Help and I would love to know which one looks the best in your opinion. What is the best haunted house in your area? What is your favorite Halloween time scary movie? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Heyyy everyone and happy Saturday! Good news, my bitch ass is feeling better! Bad news, Sunday is Lil Red’s blogging day off, as you all know, so allow me to leave you with a fun post for the weekend until the Monday Update and Man Crush Monday posts commence!
With fall on the horizon, every white girl comes out of her spray tanned summer hibernation in search of all things pumpkin flavored. I promise you guys I’m not that girl…You know I would never tan! BUT, I am very excited for the upcoming autumn season, so let me tell you why!
- PEACOATS!!! Honestly, this is my number one reason why I love fall. I loves me a good peacoat and I can’t wait to put my navy blue, red and blue plaid, and emerald green coat babies to work this season! #peacoatparty
- Semi-cold weather AKA my favorite type of weather! Summer weather is too hot for a Lil Red, winter is too cold, and spring is too rainy but fall weather…fall weather is just right!
- Fall clothing in general! This ties into both of the previously mentioned statements but it must be said. Fall. Clothing. Is. The. Best. Point blank, period. I love nothing more than sweet sweaters, cozy cardigans, booties, flannels, chunky scarves, fingerless gloves, the whole shebang. If it’s an article of clothing you can wear in the fall, you bet your sweet ass that I’m excited for it! #betyourbottomdollar #andyoursweetass
- The colors!!!! Ugh, the autumn color palette makes my heart so warm. Burnt oranges, mustard yellows, deep reds – fabulous on the changing leaves of trees and on those cozy cardigans I just mentioned! Burnt orange has been my latest obsession, so I’m really excited to feed that addiction even more with a fall shopping trip soon!
- One – ONLY one Pumpkin Spice Latte. Yeah, yeah, such a white girl, I know. But it’s not fall for a suburban girl without one PSL from Starbucks! I’ll be indulging in my pumpkin treat this morning for a coffee date with my dear friend, Tyler. Yum!
- Halloween – it’s a given. Except I can’t decide on if being Agnes from Despicable Me is a good idea because she’s not particularly slutty…Does anyone have a naughty nurse costume I can borrow? #please??
- HAUNTED HOUSES! I love them! I love them! I. Love. Them. Fun fact for ya: my first job was working as an actor at a haunted house and I had the time of my life! I also picked up smoking cigarettes there…But that’s beside the point.
- Fall weather hang outs AKA the best kind of hang outs! I absolutely adore fall time activities! Hiking through the metro parks, scary movie marathons, crafting, drinking apple cider, drinking hard apple cider – it’s all so much fun! Everything increases in enjoy-ability when the air is crisp, your cheeks are flushed, and you’re with some of your favorite people.
- White girl watching…it’s like people watching, but better! Fall time is the white girl’s peak season to emerge and prosper. The temperatures have dropped which means so have people’s standards! Thus, yoga pants, leggings, and Ugg boots are somehow acceptable to wear in society. May god help us all…But anyways, I always get a kick out of seeing all of the white girls in their flock of spandex pants and boots that were made out of the skin of sheep who were tortured. Bonus points if there’s a Pumpkin Spice Latte in their hands!! #UGHboots
^^^ Current blogging soundtrack, judge me for it. #whitegirl 😉
So there you have it! A few Lil Red Reasons of why I’m Excited For Fall! What is everyone most looking forward to this autumn? Who has some fall time traditions that will be taking place? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah