Hellooo everyone and happy Monday! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend! On Friday I got nominated by my friend, Kezzie, at: kezziescorner for the Beauty Blogger Award. I was so flattered to be nominated for the second time by such a fantastic blogger so make sure you check out her page! With all of the fun blogging awards comes rules, of course, so take a look and then see how I answered the questions that Kezzie asked her nominees:
- Tag and thank who nominated you.
- Respond to the questions that your nominator gave you.
- Nominate 10 new beauty/fashion bloggers.
- Create 10 new questions for these bloggers to answer.
- Tell the blogger that you nominated them.
Got it? Good! Now let’s take a look at Kezzie’s questions:
Q & A:
Are you studying? If so what?
Yes, I am! I’m currently working towards getting my Associate of Arts degree at Tri-C in Cleveland, Ohio.
What are you reading right now?
I just started The Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. I’m about one hundred pages in and I really like it so far!
What is your favorite lipstick shade?
That’s easy! I love NYX’s Pure Red matte lipstick. It’s seriously the best matte lipstick I’ve ever used and the shade is perfect for Lil Red!
What is your go to outfit for winter?
During the winter, I like to wear my black skinnies (obviously), with a chunky sweater, my Michael Kors booties, one of my many peacoats, and the super warm gloves my boyfriend got me for Christmas.
What is your favorite all time TV character?
This is also an easy one. Elaine from Seinfeld will always be one of my all time favorite TV characters. I want to be her when I grow up.
Do you have a favorite Youtuber?
Not really, I don’t go on YouTube very often.
What inspires you the most in life?
People who are working their asses off to improve their lives and themselves.
What do you do when you are having a bad day?
Hmmm…Before, when I had a bad day I used to use really unhealthy coping mechanisms. Now that I’m clean from that, I like to take bubble baths, write, and binge watch Netflix in bed when I’m having a bad day…So basically what I do every day. 😉
What is your favorite nail polish shade?
Black. Black. Black. I don’t paint my nails often but when I do I always paint them black. Lol, I sound like the Dos Equis guy! When I used to have my talon like fake nails, they were always black with red for an accent nail and a cross on both of my middle fingers. I miss my fake nails so much but they were a lot of upkeep and not having them is a total money saver. Now every time I do something that definitely would have broken a nail, I breathe a little sigh of relief in knowing that I won’t have to rush to the salon to get it fixed!
What is your favorite makeup store?
I love The Body Shop and a lot of my makeup does come from there but honestly, I’m just as happy getting the last odds and ends of what I need at Target. They have a shockingly wonderful makeup selection and I like to use Covergirl and Rimmel. For a treat, I like to use their Pixie brand!
My Nominees (I’m only doing three):
My Questions For You:
- What is your favorite beauty item that you treat yourself with?
- What was one of your worst fashion or beauty moments?
- If you could raid one celebrity’s wardrobe, who would it be?
- Would you rather wear the same outfit every day for a week or not wear makeup for a month?
- Bubble baths or long showers?
- Did someone teach you how to wear makeup or did you learn how to do it on your own?
- What is your favorite makeup or clothing store to score a bargain?
- What was your favorite fashion or beauty moment?
- How would you describe your style?
- Everyone has a color that just looks perfectly awful on them. What color is that for you? What about the color that looks best on you?
So there you have it, this week’s Monday Update: My Second Beauty Blogger Award Edition! Thank you so much again to my friend, Kezzie, at: kezziescorner for the nomination! How was everyone’s weekend? How would you answer some of the questions that I asked my nominees? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah