Helloooo everyone and happy Tuesday! Today, we are going to discuss ten more of my top choices on Netflix. With the always expanding amount of movies to choose from on Netflix, sometimes it can feel impossible to pick which flick to watch. Luckily, you can choose from some Lil Red Guaranteed films below for movie night made easy:
- Return To Sender: I have to say, I am not the biggest Rosamund Pike fan. I find that all of her characters are exactly the same and her performances are very flat. HOWEVER, I didn’t completely hate Return To Sender. It was a pretty intense tale of a seemingly level headed woman taking total control of seeking revenge against her recently released from jail rapist. 7/10
- The Imitation Game: If you have not seen this movie and are a Benedict Cumberbatch fan, then SHAME ON YOU. This is actually one of my favorite movies. A true story about the closeted Alan Turing who cracked Enigma during World War II. Bursting at the seams with emotion and a riveting story line, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- I Love You, Man: This movie is easily one of my favorite comedies. Featuring an all star cast Of Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, and Rashida Jones, you get to live through the cringe worthy moments of man dates as newly engaged and friendless Peter tries to find groomsmen for his wedding. Freaking hilarious and oddly heartwarming, I Love You, Man is a definite crowd pleaser.
- Meet The Parents: This used to be one of my favorites when I was younger. Early Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are a match made in funny movie heaven. There are definitely some cringey parts in this movie – like finding out that “Greg” is really named Gaylord Focker, but it’s a lot of fun with some early 2000’s flare.
- Sing Street: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. 10/10 WOULD WATCH SEVERAL TIMES. If you are a fan of Irish cinema, good music (The Cure, anyone?), and a heart wrenching tale of the younger boy falling for the mysterious older gal then, please do yourselves a favor, and watch this movie. You’ll thank me later.
- The Little Prince: This animated flick is nowhere near as good as the claymation one featuring Gene Wilder – I’m warning you now. But, The Little Prince is one of my favorite books and this sweet retelling still does it justice.
- The Prince Of Egypt: And, speaking of animated films, this is one of the BEST animated flicks of all time. Someone, please try and change my mind. I’m not even religious and I flipping LOVE this movie. A banging soundtrack, an interesting Bible story of Moses, and visually stunning, The Prince Of Egypt rules.
- Raw: Certainly not the best French movie I’ve ever seen, but definitely not the worst, either. A young vegetarian veterinarian hopeful discovers a taste for meat after a hazing event at school. Like I said, not the best but not the worst – but, I still enjoyed it. *Shrugs*
- Changeling: As a huge Angelina Jolie fan, this movie is pure perfection. In a too crazy to be true but based on a true story … I can’t give anything away! It is a longer movie than most, but if you’re looking for a sad, shocking, inspiring movie, then tuck in for the night with Changeling.
- Creep 1 & 2: Both the first and the second Creep movies were very good. I’ll call it a horror flick even though there’s nothing too “scary” about it in the something is going to pop out and kill you sense. Shot documentary style, a lonely man lures videographers to remote locations to film his wolf mask wearing weirdness. I wouldn’t call these movies scary – but, they are definitely creepy!
Your next movie night is a go, with my above top ten selections! Turn on Netflix, grab your popcorn and blankets, and enjoy!
What are some of your top picks on Netflix? Which of the above movies do you plan on watching next? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hi everyone and happy Monday! So on Saturday I got my new tattoo, which you can see the inspiration for in this post. It went swimmingly BUT there is still some work to be done on it – a few add ons and touch ups because some of it was done in white. SO I won’t be posting a picture of the finished product until next week when it is officially “all done”. Rest assured that I am absolutely in love with my Little Prince themed ink so far and I can’t wait for all of you to see it soon!
Until I post pictures of my new tattoo baby, enjoy this picture of me talking on my good ol’ trap phone, instead!
(And if you use your powers of observation, you’ll notice my Little Prince shirt underneath my favorite moto jacket!)
How was everyone’s weekend? Who else has gotten some new body mods done recently? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Heyyy everyone and happy Hump Day! So I am wicked excited for Saturday the 20th at 1 o’clock in the afternoon because I have a tattoo appointment!! I was planning to get a new tattoo for my birthday in June, but I saw that the artist who I am going to is running a percentage off special in May so I figured that I might as well get it now and save some money on it. It has been literal years since my last tattoo. Jeez Louise, I think it might have been back in 2014. Yikes!
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I don’t want more tattoos because I want a bunch. But, when I started college in 2014, I didn’t exactly have money to just throw around on extra things like body mods, clothes, and accessories because they were just extra and text books are no joke. But, now that I’ve been graduated since the end of 2016 and am actually making money instead of constantly spending it on college related fees, I feel pretty okay about getting a TREAT YOSELF/early birthday tattoo!
So what am I gonna get, you might ask? Take a looksee:
If you aren’t familiar with the book The Little Prince, then you are missing out because that’s where these drawings are from! I plan on getting the first image of him flying with the birds on my side but I want him dressed in the clothing from the second image. The birds are going to go up onto my back and probably end close to my bra line. Then at some point, I’ll work in a quote en francais as well as the horizon line at the end of the book. AHHHH!!
For those of you who don’t already know, The Little Prince is one of my all time favorite books. It just is. I could read it every day until I die and never tire of it. I think that it is so beautiful and every time I read it (which is quite frequently), I fall even more in love with the words and imagery scattered like petals throughout the pages. I am super excited to get my undying adoration for this book commemorated in tattoo form and it has been a long time coming because I’ve wanted this done for five-ever.
May 20th can’t come soon enough and I have a feeling that I will be in the tattoo chair quite a lot this year! How’s that for some New Tattoo Excitement?! Who plans on getting a new piercing or tattoo soon? What is your favorite tattoo or piercing that you have? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hello all and happy Friday! I had a long day in Columbus yesterday for work but it was definitely worth it! Stay tuned for the Monday Update to hear more on that. ANYWAYS, If there’s one thing that Lil Red loves, it’s letting close friends borrow books from my extensive collection. What I love the most though, is when I find a book that I think one of my friends would respond really well to and personally give it to them with a hand written message explaining why the book reminded me of them. Recently a very dear friend of mine had to go away for a spell so I made a special care package just for her with books and of course, a letter. This very well may be one of my favorite things that I ever wrote, so I thought that I would share it with all of you. Take a look:
Hello, you. I brought you some of my favorite books and I hope you find as much comfort in their pages as I do. You’ll meet girls who are brave like Coraline and Liesel. You’ll come to fall in love with a boy who never grows up and a Little Prince from a planet far away from here. In The Little Prince, the fox teaches the little boy a lesson: “One sees clearly with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” Well, I see you so clearly in my heart and eyes, for that matter, and I think it’s important for you to know what I see.
I see a beautiful young woman who is working so hard to better herself and I admire you very much for it. G.K. Chesterton states that “fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. You have a big obstacle to face during your time away but I trust that you will be able to beat it and come out victorious on the other end. Please treat my books with care because they hold some of my dearest friends but don’t be afraid to let them help you on the way. All my love, Sarah
I dunno, I kinda liked it! 😉 I always enjoy sharing my personal writings with my readers so I figured “why not”, especially because I like this letter a whole lot – and maybe it might just help one of you! I hope you’re all having a great day and I’ll talk to you all soon! Until then, what is your favorite book? What book inspires you when you need encouragement? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
PS: The books that I referenced in my letter were in order: Coraline, The Book Thief, Peter Pan, and The Little Prince – all of which are some of my favorites!