Helloooo everyone and happy Tuesday! Today, we are going to discuss ten more of my top choices on Netflix. With the always expanding amount of movies to choose from on Netflix, sometimes it can feel impossible to pick which flick to watch. Luckily, you can choose from some Lil Red Guaranteed films below for movie night made easy:
- Return To Sender: I have to say, I am not the biggest Rosamund Pike fan. I find that all of her characters are exactly the same and her performances are very flat. HOWEVER, I didn’t completely hate Return To Sender. It was a pretty intense tale of a seemingly level headed woman taking total control of seeking revenge against her recently released from jail rapist. 7/10
- The Imitation Game: If you have not seen this movie and are a Benedict Cumberbatch fan, then SHAME ON YOU. This is actually one of my favorite movies. A true story about the closeted Alan Turing who cracked Enigma during World War II. Bursting at the seams with emotion and a riveting story line, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- I Love You, Man: This movie is easily one of my favorite comedies. Featuring an all star cast Of Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, and Rashida Jones, you get to live through the cringe worthy moments of man dates as newly engaged and friendless Peter tries to find groomsmen for his wedding. Freaking hilarious and oddly heartwarming, I Love You, Man is a definite crowd pleaser.
- Meet The Parents: This used to be one of my favorites when I was younger. Early Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are a match made in funny movie heaven. There are definitely some cringey parts in this movie – like finding out that “Greg” is really named Gaylord Focker, but it’s a lot of fun with some early 2000’s flare.
- Sing Street: I LOVE THIS MOVIE. 10/10 WOULD WATCH SEVERAL TIMES. If you are a fan of Irish cinema, good music (The Cure, anyone?), and a heart wrenching tale of the younger boy falling for the mysterious older gal then, please do yourselves a favor, and watch this movie. You’ll thank me later.
- The Little Prince: This animated flick is nowhere near as good as the claymation one featuring Gene Wilder – I’m warning you now. But, The Little Prince is one of my favorite books and this sweet retelling still does it justice.
- The Prince Of Egypt: And, speaking of animated films, this is one of the BEST animated flicks of all time. Someone, please try and change my mind. I’m not even religious and I flipping LOVE this movie. A banging soundtrack, an interesting Bible story of Moses, and visually stunning, The Prince Of Egypt rules.
- Raw: Certainly not the best French movie I’ve ever seen, but definitely not the worst, either. A young vegetarian veterinarian hopeful discovers a taste for meat after a hazing event at school. Like I said, not the best but not the worst – but, I still enjoyed it. *Shrugs*
- Changeling: As a huge Angelina Jolie fan, this movie is pure perfection. In a too crazy to be true but based on a true story … I can’t give anything away! It is a longer movie than most, but if you’re looking for a sad, shocking, inspiring movie, then tuck in for the night with Changeling.
- Creep 1 & 2: Both the first and the second Creep movies were very good. I’ll call it a horror flick even though there’s nothing too “scary” about it in the something is going to pop out and kill you sense. Shot documentary style, a lonely man lures videographers to remote locations to film his wolf mask wearing weirdness. I wouldn’t call these movies scary – but, they are definitely creepy!
Your next movie night is a go, with my above top ten selections! Turn on Netflix, grab your popcorn and blankets, and enjoy!
What are some of your top picks on Netflix? Which of the above movies do you plan on watching next? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah