We all experience stress every once in a while. That’s a given. At the end of the day, stress is a natural response to dangerous or potentially harmful situations that we have evolved to benefit ourselves. But when you experience stress on a regular basis, it can become a problem. Stress can result in detrimental effects on your overall health and well being, from physical harm to emotional harm, mental harm, and even resultant behavioral changes.
Unfortunately, right now, many of us are stressed and have been stressed for a long time. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in all sorts of unwanted changes in our day to day lives, from health concerns to worries for loved ones, job loss, financial troubles, social isolation, loneliness, and more. Stress is a logical response. However, you should, where possible, be doing everything you can to minimize your experience and symptoms of stress. Here’s some more information and a few suggestions to help you along the way:
Stress is pretty simple to identify. Here are some of the warning signs:
- Muscle tension
- Sleep problems
- Procrastination or lack of Motivation
- Emotional Outbursts
- Withdrawal from Social Situations
There are many healthy stress reduction methods out there. Here are some you may want to discuss with your doctor and try out:
- Meditation and Mindfulness: Meditation and mindfulness are calming practices that can help. Try following tutorials and apps.
- Getting Enough Rest: Sleep is an important process for your body to rest, resolve trauma or injury and illness. Make sure to get your recommended eight hours a night.
- Getting Organized: Sometimes stress can stem from a lack of organization. Try organizing your life, tackling issues and concerns, and giving everything more structure.
- Massage: While spas may be closed, you could try out some massage at home using foam rollers, massage balls, and more. This can release tension.
- CBD: Some studies have found that CBD can reduce stress symptoms. So, why not try out some CBD candies and see how they work for you? Gummies are definitely the most common form of CBD candy but have you ever heard of CBD honey sticks? Gold Bee offers this and so much more on their site for a sweet treat that tastes good and reduces stress. What will they think of next?! …
The answer? Hero Brand CBD. These CBD oils can be bought either to rub directly on the skin or to be dissolved into beverages. Either way, you will receive the benefits of pain and stress relief. The soluble solution is also taste free so it can mix easily into your favorite food or drink. How cool is that?!
Know When to Ask for Help:
Of course, stress can also be a symptom of underlying mental health conditions. So, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed, that you can’t cope, or that you are experiencing excessive or unnecessary stress, make sure to reach out to your doctor. They’ll be able to identify and diagnose any conditions and recommend the best course of treatment for you. There are also support groups, helplines, and mental health charities who can help too!
Most of us are bound to feel stressed right now. What’s important is that you don’t simply accept stress as a given part of day to day life. This is something that can be managed, handled, and even overcame. Hopefully, some of the above information will help you get started out on the right foot when it comes to managing your stress properly and effectively.
Featured Image By: Pexels
Pingback: Mental Health And Who Is There To Support You | lifewithlilred