Hello!! This past week, we had a day full of visitors at chez parents. My aunt dropped by and she bequeathed some makeup and skin care samples for my sister and I to enjoy. As luck would have it, Kristen and my nieces came over shortly after and I divided up the loot. Skin care for me and makeup for Kristen. Of course, I had to ask her if I could swatch the Clinique Love Pop lipstick before she could take it home lol check it out:
While I was snapping some pics of this new lippie, my Val Gal came up to me and asked why I was taking pictures of lipstick. Haha! I explained to her that her TT’s job is sometimes showing off products so people can decide if they want to buy it or not. She seemed to get it and was happy to get a story read to her as I finished up. 😀
The Love Pop color is the perfect raspberry hue and it is oh so pretty. However, it is not the shade for me. With really vibrant hair, I have to be careful of the lip color that I choose to avoid looking clown like. As much as it pains me to admit it, I am no longer a red lipstick girl and muted nudes are my new go to’s.
BUT, if my hair situation was different, I would be so rocking this lippie! It is such a lovely shade for fall and will look stunning against autumn blue skies and the changing leaves. The Love Pop color features deep pink undertones with the smallest touch of purple and will be great with a jewel toned top to reflect all of the rich colors that fall is known for.
If you are on the prowl for a raspberry tart pout, then Love Pop is the hue for you. Myself, on the other hand, loves the Bare Pop and just might have to give it a try!
What is your favorite lipstick? Did you buy new makeup if you made a drastic change to your hair? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new week here on lifewithlilred! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend. If there’s one thing that Lil Red loves, its cooking and baking. I could spend all day in the kitchen whipping up new meals and treats and have the time of my life. Recently, my mom acquired a new recipe from Today’s Kitchen in Wooster, Ohio to make Raspberry White Chocolate Scones and they are just as amazing as they sound. These scones are one of my favorite things to make and I just had to share the recipe with all of you since I made a fresh batch this weekend. They were delicious, if I do say so myself, so take a look at my finished product and then stick around for the recipe:
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, half and half, or milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I use 1 tsp)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (I use 22 raspberries on the dot)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (I use 1 tsp)
- 3 tbsp cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in butter until it is in small pieces. With a spatula stir in 3/4 cup cream, extract, berries, and white chocolate chips. Add more flour if dough is too wet. (Dough should form a relatively smooth, firm ball.)
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead gently. (I usually have a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour handy because the dough will still be pretty wet.) Press or roll out into a 6 to 8 inch circle and cut into eight wedges. Place the wedges, not touching, on baking sheet. Bake scones for 20 minutes or until golden and slightly firm when pressed. (I bake mine for 12 minutes because my oven sucks.)
- Cool on a wire rack and then coat with glaze.
These scones are simply to die for and I hope all of you enjoy them as much as my family and I do! Thank you so much again to Today’s Kitchen in Wooster, Ohio for the divine recipe!
So there you have it, this week’s Monday Update: Really Good Scones Edition! What is your favorite thing to cook or bake? Has anyone had any kitchen disasters lately? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah