Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new week here on lifewithlilred! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend. If there’s one thing that Lil Red loves, its cooking and baking. I could spend all day in the kitchen whipping up new meals and treats and have the time of my life. Recently, my mom acquired a new recipe from Today’s Kitchen in Wooster, Ohio to make Raspberry White Chocolate Scones and they are just as amazing as they sound. These scones are one of my favorite things to make and I just had to share the recipe with all of you since I made a fresh batch this weekend. They were delicious, if I do say so myself, so take a look at my finished product and then stick around for the recipe:
Raspberry White Chocolate Scones:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, half and half, or milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I use 1 tsp)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (I use 22 raspberries on the dot)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder (I use 1 tsp)
- 3 tbsp cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in butter until it is in small pieces. With a spatula stir in 3/4 cup cream, extract, berries, and white chocolate chips. Add more flour if dough is too wet. (Dough should form a relatively smooth, firm ball.)
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead gently. (I usually have a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour handy because the dough will still be pretty wet.) Press or roll out into a 6 to 8 inch circle and cut into eight wedges. Place the wedges, not touching, on baking sheet. Bake scones for 20 minutes or until golden and slightly firm when pressed. (I bake mine for 12 minutes because my oven sucks.)
- Cool on a wire rack and then coat with glaze.
These scones are simply to die for and I hope all of you enjoy them as much as my family and I do! Thank you so much again to Today’s Kitchen in Wooster, Ohio for the divine recipe!
So there you have it, this week’s Monday Update: Really Good Scones Edition! What is your favorite thing to cook or bake? Has anyone had any kitchen disasters lately? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah