There are many different types of massages available nowadays. However, one that has been popular for many years is Chinese massage therapy, also known as tui na. It is believed that this therapy originated in 2700 BC to balance the energies in our bodies. The theory states that the body is an imbalance of energies that can lead to stress, illness, and disease. Chinese massage therapy balances the energies to ensure a natural flow occurs and the body is relieved of stress. Today, Chinese massage is practiced regularly. This article reveals the benefits of this therapy in detail:
What are the benefits of Chinese massage therapy?
- Treatment of soft tissue injuries – From sciatica and lower back pain to a frozen shoulder; Chinese massage therapy helps with a wealth of different soft tissue injuries. You can combine this with physical therapy for a complete approach. The masseuse will use techniques to help eradicate pain and ease any stiffness you may be experiencing.
- Increased energy – Do you get those moments where you feel completely drained? Energy is something we all wish we had more of. Chinese massage therapy can provide you with more energy as it realigns the flow of Qi in the body. You will leave the spa feeling revitalized.
- Decrease stress levels – When you couple decreased stress levels with the former part regarding increased energy; it is not hard to see why everyone should have regular Chinese massages. This treatment can do wonders for your psychological well being. It is extremely relaxing and will relieve you of any tension or stress you are experiencing. Practitioners of this treatment believe that the imbalanced energies in the body and the blockages of the flow of Qi disrupt an individual’s mental state. This is why Chinese massages are advised for those who suffer from depression or anxiety.
- Helps with circulatory problems – In addition to the points that have already been mentioned, Chinese massage therapy is ideal for those suffering from problems with their circulation. The masseuse will focus on various pressure points and use an array of hand techniques to stimulate your circulatory systems. This is something that is beneficial for all.
- Physical and mental well being – On a final note, it is vital to recognize that Chinese massage therapy focuses on the physical and mental health of an individual. This is undoubtedly the main benefit of all. Most treatments tend to focus on one or the other. There is no way you won’t feel the benefits of this type of massage.
When you take all of these points into account, it is not hard to see why Chinese massage therapy has been extremely popular for many years now. If you have never experienced this treatment before, do make sure you give it a try!
Featured Image By: Pixabay