Hiii everyone and happy Tuesday! So in yesterday’s Monday Update I mentioned that I made my boyfriend a baked ziti dish for our six month anniversary. It turned out amazing and my beau and family really enjoyed it. The recipe I found on allrecipes was way too good not to share so I thought that I would post it for your super cheesy pleasure today! You’re welcome! 🙂
- 4 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 (26) oz jar marinara sauce (Instead of plain old Ragu, I used a specialty sauce with extra garlic and herb flavoring to kick things up a little)
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used a can that had additional oregano and Italian herb seasoning)
- 6 oz cream cheese, cubed (The blocked cream cheese usually comes in 8 oz packaging so I just used the whole thing)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients That I Added:
- 8 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
Ingredients I Will Use Next Time:
- More seasoning
- Green pepper
- Yellow squash
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta, using the directions on the packaging. Once the pasta is done cooking, remove and drain.
- After you have removed the pasta, turn the burner down to medium heat. Add the rest of your ingredients in the pan and let it cook for about 5 min. or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add the pasta into the sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Layer the pasta into a 13×9 in. baking pan and then top with extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 min. or until heated through.
*** A word to the wise: This recipe made a GIGANTIC amount of food so be prepared for left overs! Here is the link to the recipe that I used, if you would like to reference it for any reason! Special thanks to whomever posted it, it was delicious! 🙂
The baked ziti was a hit for my family and my boyfriend so I hope all of you enjoy it as much as we did! What is your favorite food to make? What is your favorite food to eat? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah