Hiii! It is no secret that your girl loves to eat and I enjoy a variety of different ethnic cuisine as long as it’s vegetarian. But, perhaps, my most favorite is Mexican food. The spice, the flavor, and heat – I just love it and I wouldn’t complain if that was the only type of food I could ever eat for the rest of my life. Recently, I had one of my favorite Mexican dishes that is quite simple but insanely delicious and I had to share it with all of my fellow foodies!
This recipe for Avocado & Cashew Enchiladas is from The New Moosewood Cookbook. Enjoy!
Avocado & Cashew Enchiladas
- 2 medium sized avocados
- Juice from one lemon
- 4 finely minced scallions
- 1/2 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup sour cream or firm yogurt
- 1 medium clove of garlic, crushed
- Mash the avocados until they are smooth and add the lemon juice immediately.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill your tortillas and place on a pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with your favorite salsa or enchilada sauce and dig in!
This recipe takes a whole ten minutes to make and the avocados and cashews provide a satisfying and relatively healthy filling. I feel so full after this enchilada meal and always can’t wait to eat it again the following day. 😀
What is your favorite type of food to eat? What are some of your favorite recipes? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah