Howdy!! I am a creature of habit, and I enjoy my nightly routine well…nightly. I love to practice American Sign Language before bed, and after peeing several hundred times (#TMI), I like to settle in with a movie on Netflix. To me, Netflix can be hit or miss with their selection but, I’ve got to say, I’ve been thoroughly impressed these past few months. These are my Netflix Top Ten Picks:
- The Gift: This is a good one! In fact, I just started rewatching it last night. I am a HUGE Jason Bateman fan and it is so fun seeing him in more serious roles. If you are similar to me in that regard, then definitely give the TV series, Ozark, a try as well.
- Veronica: As a horror movie junkie, I had to give this Spanish language film a try. I had seen an article that said that people were turning this film off halfway through because it was so scary. Now, I wouldn’t go that far – but the movie was good. I enjoyed watching it and I’m sure I’ll rewatch it again at some point or another.
- The Conjuring: And, speaking of scary movies, this one is one of my favorites! You can’t go wrong with The Conjuring. I’ve seen it several times and there are parts that still get me!
- We Need To Talk About Kevin: Tilda Swinton gives me life. This entire cast does, actually. I love this movie. I love this book. And, similarly to Jason Bateman, it sure is fun to see John C. Reilly take on a more serious role.
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story: And, of course, you can’t mention John C. Reilly without mentioning Walk Hard, as well. This movie is a trip and is perfect for when you need a good laugh. And, can we talk about Jack White’s Cameo as Elvis Presley? Swoon!
- It Might Get Loud: And, speaking of Jack White, you can’t not talk about It Might Get Loud. A music documentary featuring Mr. White, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, and U2’s The Edge – it doesn’t get much better than this. I deeply, deeply enjoy this documentary and, if you like good music, you will too.
- The Babadook: I’m not gonna lie, I hated this movie when I saw it for the first time. And, then, I rewatched it and realized that it is just as good as people say it is. The story line and acting is all great and I can definitely see myself watching it again sometime soon.
- Goodfellas: This classic got added recently and I am a huge, huge fan. The cast is to die for, the director is sublime, and the soundtrack is banging. 10/10 would watch multiple times.
- Beauty & The Beast (French Version): The French version of Beauty & The Beast is absolutely delicious. Everything about it is just lush, gorgeous, storybook heaven and I never get sick of watching it.
- Berlin Syndrome: This thriller was just fantastic. I watched it about a week ago and would gladly rewatch it again. It is wonderful to see a film where the captured outsmarts the captor and it will have you rooting for the heroine the entire time.
If you ever feel like you’re endlessly scrolling through Netflix and still can’t find something to watch, just keep my top ten list in mind and you’ll be happily watching a new flick in no time!
What is on your watch list on Netflix right now? What is your night time routine? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah