Hello everyone and welcome to part two of this weekend’s guest posts by my darling friend, Zeighn, at oneselementblog! Yesterday featured some of Zeighn’s favorite healthy summer picnic food recipes and today will showcase some sweet drinks to wash it down with. Zeighn linked me to a Cranberry & Ginger Tea Punch that sounds fabulous and will be teaching us how to make a yummy smoothie and mango based beverage below. Cheers!
Peach & Oat Smoothie:
- 2 ripe peaches, quartered, pits removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 frozen banana (peeled before freezing)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 1 tbsp agave, maple syrup, or Stevia for added sweetness. (Or honey for non-Vegan.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and let set for 5-10 minutes so the oats and chia seeds can soak. Then blend until smooth.
- To thicken, add another quarter or half of a frozen banana. To thin, add more almond milk or OJ.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a touch of agave.
- Serve immediately.
Super-Spiced Mango Ice:
- 1 cup chopped, frozen mangoes (or 1 fresh mango)
- 1 heaping teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp honey
- Ice cube tray (Not that you can eat that!)
- Thaw the mango for about 30 seconds in the microwave. It’s easier to chop if it’s still partly frozen. Alternatively, chop up a fresh mango. Chop into small cubes, about 1/4 of an inch, and divide evenly into the ice cube tray.
- Zest orange and sprinkle into each cube.
- Sprinkle chili powder into each cube.
- Optional: Squirt a dollop of honey into each cube.
- Fill a small cup with water and pour carefully over the tray to cover the fruit. Place in freezer over night.
Thank you so much again to Zeighn for sharing her favorite recipes with us for a perfect summer picnic! If you want more from my lovely guest blogger, check out her blog at oneselementblog or follow her on Instagram. Happy summer! Much love. -Sarah