Hiiiii! Despite not being thrilled about turning the big 2-4, I did get to ring my birthday in with some super fun outings and beautiful presents from friends and family – like the following:
- Tickets to X-Fest from my parents: The best gift I’ve received in years. I got to spend an entire day in Pennsylvania with my sister enjoying the sunshine, drinks, and music of lovelytheband, Sir Sly, AWOLNATION, Cold War Kids, and Jack White. And did I mention that it was all from the view of the front row? It doesn’t get much better than that!
2. An in theater showing of The Room and dinner with my sister: I have been trying to get Kristen to come see The Room with me at the Cedar Lee theater in Cleveland for literal years. And, for my birthday, she finally agreed to join me. We went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Barrio, and were in hysterics the entire time at the movies. It was SO fun!
3. A boxed wine hang out and goodies from the BFF: My best friend, Lea, and I have been celebrating our birthdays together for ten years now, so we were definitely due for a hang out! I received wine, coffee grounds, a Starbucks gift card, and a new mug all while enjoying out boxed moscato together. It was all of my favorite things! And, we are going to plan a weekend trip in July to celebrate both of our summer birthdays – I can’t wait! :*)
4. Bath bombs galore from my sister and other BFF: The beautiful Kate of Ankhor You and my sister both treated me to some products from Lush, which was so incredibly kind because I normally don’t buy that type of stuff for myself. It was such a wonderful surprise to receive a package from my Gemini twin, Kate, in the mail and I was so touched by her generosity and how she knows exactly what I am going to like every time. I love you, darling! ❤
5. Cash flow and gift cards from my brothers: My two older brothers, Peter and Andrew, played it simple and effective with some cash money and a gift card to TJMaxx. Obviously, it was just the right gift for their favorite shopaholic and it fit like a glove! 😉
6. Foley + Corinna purse from my mom: When it gets closer to my birthday, my mom will let me pick out something special for myself during one of our shopping trips together. This year, I chose a beautiful Foley + Corinna purse that I am completely in love with and have already got amazing use out of!
Thank you so much to all of my amazing friends and family for their generosity and for making 24 start off with a bang! I love you all! ❤
What was your favorite gift that you received this year for your birthday? How do you like to celebrate your big day? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah