Creating the perfect wardrobe for you is something that takes time. Unless you’re a celebrity, literally no one is buying an entire closet full of clothes in one shopping trip! Today, we are going to explore three different components of day to day life and the clothing you need to make it work:
Clothing that is appropriate for work is completely dependent on where you work, of course!
- If you work at an animal shelter, clothing that moves well and is comfortable is the way to go like stretch jeans, leggings, and light long sleeved tops.
- If you work at a restaurant or a grocery store and are in and out of the freezer constantly, a cozy cardigan should help the cause just fine. (And, if your freezer system at work is on the fritz, consider walk-in fridge repair for businesses to assist!)
- In an office setting, you might want to opt for smart, professional clothing like blazers, slacks, blouses, or pencil skirts. Don’t forget a sharp pair of oxfords or kitten heels to complete the look!
Think about where you work and plan accordingly. Is the temperature comfortable or can it get a little warm or chilly? What are your coworkers wearing? Is there a dress code? This will all help you make the right decision on work appropriate attire.
You might not have much of a choice in what you can wear for work but play attire is a totally different story! Clothing for running errands, hanging out with friends, or a date should be all about what makes you feel confident. These are going to be key pieces in your play wardrobe’s arsenal:
- A great pair of jeans is a definite must. A great pair of jeans with big pockets is even better! Skinny, boot cut, flare, or high waisted – a pair of jeans can be dressed up or down for whatever the occasion. Knowing your measurements can be a huge help when it comes to shopping for bottoms and can save you many a back and forth trip from the fitting rooms.
- Statement jackets can turn an ordinary outfit into something special. Moto jackets with patches are always fun and edgy while a classic trench coat is a timeless piece. From sophisticated in a peacoat or sassy in a faux fur number, throwing on a jacket is an ideal option when you don’t feel like styling a look!
- No matter if your style is simple or total fashionista, everyone should have at least one bold “look at me” top in their wardrobe. This is the perfect opportunity to play with patterns, bright colors, and unique shapes. If you are uncomfortable with something so loud on top, a patterned skirt is a great way to dip your toes in the water.
We can be so focused on work or play clothing that we tend to forget about pieces that are made purely for comfort. I am definitely guilty of this and my life changed for the better when I allowed myself to purchase pajamas and sweatpants! 😀
- Leggings and sweats are the best for lounging at home, working out, or even going out and about in a sporty chic look. Leggings will also come in handy when it’s cold because they can easily be worn under your jeans. If you like to work out outside, be sure to invest in some hi vis jackets for your safety.
- Wrapping yourself up in a snuggly, chunky cardigan is so comforting on a brisk day or when you’re curled up on the couch. Accessorize with a cup of tea to complete the look!
- Cute pajama sets feel so luxurious, especially if it is something that you normally wouldn’t buy. Treat yourself to some new PJs and a matching robe and hit the hay like royalty.
Complete every aspect of your day in style with the tips above!