Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! The glorious month of October is among us, which means I get to enjoy all of my favorite things. As I lover of all things horror, I get to finally get down with my spooky self and drag my boyfriend along for the ride! Because, all of the fall things wouldn’t be complete without a special someone or bestie to revel in the fright with. Here are a few things that I hope to do this month and, so help me god if I don’t, because we’re gonna have some issues!
- HAUNTED HOUSES!!!!!!!!!! All of the haunted houses. So many haunted houses. I LOVE HAUNTED HOUSES. The thrill, the scares, the anticipation! I spent two Octobers in my teenage years working at a haunted house and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Ohio actually offers some pretty good haunts, if you’re willing to venture a little ways to get to them. So, road trip and spookfest, anyone?
- SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!! All of the scary movies. So many scary movies. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES! Of course, I am eagerly anticipating the theater release of the new Halloween movie but, October is also a time to revisit old favorites. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw, The Strangers, Ils, Hush, and all things Stephen King for starters, please.
- PUMPKINPALOOZA! So, I’ve never carved a pumpkin before and, frankly, I don’t think it’s the best idea. (Sarah + a carving knife sounds like a pretty bad equation!) But, my boyfriend wants to, so it’s the least I can do! Regardless of if I can carve a pumpkin adequately enough, it will still be fun to complete a traditional Halloween craft together.
- Pumpkin Spice, Please: I know, so basic. But, I always have to get at least one Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks this month. Don’t worry, though, I’ll be back to all iced coffee everything in no time!
- Take A Hike: I also want to get in lots of hikes in some of Ohio’s many wonderful Metro Parks. There is nothing better than being amongst all of the trees changing color and crunching through fallen leaves on the ground during a blustery fall day. It’s so much fun that it doesn’t even feel like exercising. 😀
What is on your October Wish List? What is your favorite thing about this month? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah