Helloooo! This weekend, lifewithlilred was nominated for its second Beauty Tag by my sweet friend, Claudia, over at New Life – Fresh You. I love Claudia’s page and I’m sure that all of you will too, so do be sure to check it out! Here we go:
Q & A:
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
It’s not exactly a makeup but I had hella LipSmackers chapstick in my youth.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I am obsessed with Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. It’s the jam.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I don’t wear foundation. I never have.
4. Favorite high end brand?
I wouldn’t necessarily say I have a favorite, because I don’t wear a lot of high end products.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
None that I can think of.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
7. Do you wear false lashes?
No, I’ve actually never tried them, either. They seem like such a pain to get on!!
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Nope, I feel pretty okay about leaving the house with a fresh face.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My favorite NYX red lipstick.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I pick up things as I need them, so maybe once every few months.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I spend freely. I don’t spend money unless I’m comfortable paying for whatever it is, though.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
HELL YEAH! I’m all about saving money, so I love utilizing anything that can help me do that.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I feel like I purchase skin care more regularly than makeup, so I’m going to say moisturizer.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
Not that I can think of.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
As long as the product is cruelty free, then I’m good.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I do have my staple skin care products that I will use for all eternity, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like experimenting if I find a good deal or something new that I’d like to try.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
The Body Shop.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
The Body Shop, for sure. They’re a one stop shop and I use a lot of their products, anyway.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Hmm… I really don’t know.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
It’s hard to say, because I don’t really pay attention.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. Favorite beauty gurus:
I deeply admire the makeup skills behind the local drag queens in my neck of the woods.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
No. I’d prefer separate items.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I used to be, but not too much any more. Only if I’m really tired am I clumsy. Today, for example, I accidentally spilled one of my facial oils in a sleepy stupor. I was so pissed!
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Nope. The less products that I use, the better.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I only wash my hair once a month, when I’m redyeing it. I wouldn’t even call it washing, because I just condition it with the product that comes in the box kit. So I don’t own any shampoo or conditioner. However, when I’m straightening my hair I do use heat protecting spray and styling oil.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Neither, because I don’t use them.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love that it showcases the personality behind the person wearing it.
My Nominees (I’m only doing three):
Thank you so much again to Claudia for my Beauty Tag nomination – this was so fun! How would you answer some of these questions? Which beauty products could you never live without? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah