Helloooo everyone and happy weekend! My recent food obsession as of late has been all things granola. I love it plain, with yogurt, or with milk and thanks to my mom finding this delightful little recipe on http://www.thekitchn.com, I’m able to enjoy it every day.
The recipe for Everyday Granola is the perfect combination of sweet and salty and I feel so energized after I eat it thanks to all of the protein packed in through seeds and nuts. Here’s the recipe if you would like to make your own Everyday Granola:
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans (I use pecans)
- 1 cup dried, shredded, unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup seeds, such as sesame or pumpkin (I use pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup (lightly packed) light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil, such as olive or walnut (I use olive)
- 1/2 cup sweetener, such as honey or maple syrup (I use honey)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped dried fruits, such as cherries or apricots, or whole currants or blueberries (I use raisins)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, coconut, seeds, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, liquid sweetener, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Add the egg whites and combine thoroughly.
- Scrape the mixture out onto a half sheet pan (18 x 13 inches) and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the mixture is light brown and toasty. Stir after 20 minutes, moving the crispy bits from the perimeter into the center and distributing the granola in the center out toward the edge of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the dried fruit. Using a spatula, stir to combine the mixture and let the granola cool. The mixture may be sticky, but it will harden as it cools. Transfer to an airtight container.
If you have never checked out http://www.thekitchn.com, then both my mom and I encourage you to do so! It’s filled with simple and delicious recipes, like their Everyday Granola, for you to enjoy. This granola is seriously to die for and I hope all of you enjoy it as much as I do! What is your favorite healthy snack? What is your favorite junk food snack? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah