Hi everyone and welcome to the final post of my Think Spring guest bloggers series compliments of one of my darling friends, Carlie, from Bombshell
. It has been such fun over the past year getting to know Carlie better and chatting over email, Facebook, and blog post comments. Carlie’s page is just as charming and lovely as she is, so please be sure to check it out and enjoy her post on ballin on a budget throughout the spring:
Springtime Style On A Budget
If you are yearning for some new spring style items to add to your wardrobe but can’t afford or don’t want to buy new clothes or accessories, here are some ways to celebrate springtime without hurting your bank account:
1. Affordable Shops – If you are wanting some new floral clothes or just a new item in spring colors, check out shops like Ross or TJMaxx. They get new cute tops, bottoms, and even shoes for each season plus have designer items with prices that are a steal. Sometimes you have to scour the clothing racks for the perfect thing but you are guaranteed to always find something that you’ll love.
2. Accessorize – You can celebrate and update your spring fashion with cute little accessories such as hair flowers, floral head bands, scarves, jewelry, and more. Stores like Claire’s or similar places carry an enormous array of cute seasonal accessories for great deals.
3. Makeup – If you don’t want to go crazy with a new wardrobe just for spring, you can celebrate the season with your makeup. This time of the year, you can find pastel and springy colored makeup like eye shadows and lipsticks in pinks, greens, and pretty shimmery colors. You don’t need to go to department stores or even Sephora if you don’t want to or are on a budget. CVS and Walgreens drugstores always have a huge selection of great quality makeup in every color that you can imagine for amazing prices.
4. Hair – If you’re interested in trying more of a punk or rocker look for spring, you can buy clip in extensions in an array of different colors almost anywhere, including online. Or you can get hair chalk, which is temporary and can be found in drugstores and beauty supply shops. You’ll definitely have your own original look for the spring, while utilizing the “it” colors like jewel floral tones and pastels.
5. DIY- If you’re an artistic or creative person, then your spring style ideas are pretty much endless. You can use your talent to make your own items and accessories with affordable supplies from places like Jo-Ann’s or other craft and fabric shops. Some examples include chokers made with silk ribbons in floral colors with cute charms or your own flower hair pieces, brooches, and corsages.
These are just a few ideas to help you create your own original look and style for the upcoming season. Let these ideas and tips inspire you. Have fun with them and have a most wonderful spring.
^^^ Thank you so much again to the pretty as a picture Carlie for sharing her tips for a budget friendly spring wardrobe with us! And, of course, thank you to all of my amazing guest bloggers who participated in my Think Spring series. How do you style for spring on a budget? What is one of your favorite DIY spring crafts? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah