Howdy everyone and TGIF!! Omg guys I had the most fabulous night with my sweet best friend Lea yesterday! It was a terrific evening of crafting, eating hella Cheez-Its, and being straight up silly – it was perfection. The last time we hung out we tried making a canvas art craft of a night sky over looking a city silhouette….unfortunately we couldn’t get past painting our canvas black and dousing it with glitter so we called it a night. But last evening we were dedicated to making something pretty out of our black canvas, and this was our final result:
^^^ So adorable! Mine is the one on the left and Lea’s is obviously the one on the right! Here’s the step by step guide on how we made our cute canvas craft: #ohyoucraftyhuh
- Step 1) Paint your canvas black. (Optional)
- Step 2) Pour glitter all over your freshly painted canvas. (Optional)
- Step 3) Cry. (Optional)
- Step 4) Give up. (Optional)
- Step 5) Try again! Lea and I decided to go balls to the wall with this craft so we just started painting over our glittery black canvas however we pleased. I was trying to go for a more sunset-y vibe…and I’m honestly not sure what vibe Lea was going for – but it turned out great!
- Step 6) Find a silhouette picture on the computer of whatever you like and cut it out. Or if you’re an overachiever and can draw well, feel free to draw out a silhouette. Lea and I are both a big fan of the cutesy couple images, so that’s what we both opted for. But it really can be anything – a giraffe, a toilet, a bomb…it’s up to you!
- Step 7) Glue on your silhouette and bask in the glory of your craftiness!
Throughout our evening Lea and I basically annihilated a bag of Cheez-Its – as you can see by my featured image photo, and it was the most fulfilling snacking experience I’ve ever had. So the answer is yes, there probably is Cheez-It residue all over my canvas. After we completed our craft, we spent the rest of our time together creeping on people on Facebook, laying in bed being silly, and making up quotes that historical figures and celebrities definitely didn’t say. For example, when we posted our picture of our craftiness on Facebook we captioned it with “A steady hand and a calm heart” – Elenore Roosevelt…..Okay – maybe it’s not that funny BUT it was SO funny to us!! I’m so happy that I got to have an evening off from drowning in homework to have some much needed girl time with my darling. We had such a blast and by the time I got home I felt rejuvenated enough to complete the rest of my work at the prime time of 11:30 at night! #dedication
I hope all of you guys are having an awesome day so far! What is everyone up to this weekend? What have you been crafting recently? I wanna hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah
^^^^^ CHEEEEEEEEZ-ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheez-Its. Cheez-Its. Cheez-Its.