Hi everyone and welcome to my friend Carlie’s article for my fall guest bloggers series! You can find Carlie at Bombshell 2016 so please be sure to check out her page. Carlie is a great friend and I am so happy to finally be able to feature her here on lifewithlilred! So without further ado, here is Carlie’s post about her fall beauty must haves:
Fall Beauty Essentials:
I’m very excited to be a guest blogger on LifewithLilred, and wanted to share some new and fabulous products that I love using and that will get you ready for the Fall:
- Lancome Masque Pure Focus: I’m a huge fan of facial masks and love how they make your skin look and feel after using them. I use them about twice a week and was very excited to try this new one out. This one is a mineral mask with white clay and purifies the skin leaving a nice matte finish. The texture is rich and creamy and is gentle but very effective. It only needs to be worn for about five minutes before rinsing. After you use this mask, your face feels baby powder smooth.
- Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion: I’m not usually a big fan of a lot of toners because they tend to dry out my skin and makes my face feel very tight but this toner is the complete opposite. It’s made with aloe to soothe the skin and is more water based than alcohol which is ideal for my skin type. I love using this toner in my daily beauty regimen. The best thing about moisture prep is that you see results and notice a difference in your skin immediately after you start using it.
- Nude’tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette by “The Balm”: I first heard about this product line from a fellow pinup model and friend. It’s a vintage inspired brand based in San Francisco and can be found online. This talc-free palette was the first thing I bought from them. The different eyeshadow shades are beautiful and are perfect colors for the upcoming fall season. The pigments are great and look fantastic with or without wetting your shadow brush. The packaging is also so cute! I have the woman version of this shadow palette but there is also a “ Nude Dude” version which is also awesome.
- “Schwing” Liquid Eyeliner by “The Balm”: Another favorite of mine from this fabulous company. This eyeliner goes on nice and smooth and the brush always stays at a perfect point which is a “must-have” for me when it comes to liner. It also dries quickly, never flakes, and stays on all day without touch ups.
- “Styled in Sepia” by MAC: This lip color is perfect for the autumn season and looks great on anyone. The color can look a little dark in the tube but when applied the shade looks very soft and creamy. You can also easily layer it to make it darker if you want to add some drama. My favorite way to wear “Styled in Sepia” is to apply it and then dab a little bit of clear gloss just in the center of your bottom lip.
- Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Medium Coverage Foundation and Dermablend Professional Setting Powder: When people think of Dermablend, they usually think that it’s just for covering certain skin conditions and tattoos but this line is so more than that. This particular foundation is a little different from the original. When I first learned about Dermablend and the process of how to apply it, I was very excited to try it. I then got my sample, went home, tried it, and instantly was hooked. It is dermatologist recommended, gives absolutely wonderful coverage, and stays in place all day in any weather condition, it also won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Plus it is very easy to use. Just apply it to your face, blend it, set it with their loose powder, and you’re good to go. Just remember that when you use Dermablend foundation, you HAVE to use their powder to set it. Other powders won’t set it so don’t bother wasting your other ones. Dermablend’s powder is very inexpensive and a jar will last you a long time. I think that it is well worth the investment.
- Origins Ginzing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser: I have already wrote about how much I love using Origins Ginzing Eye Cream on my blog so I was very excited to try their Ginzing Scrub. Scrubs are perfect to use during the changing seasons and colder weather because of how they exfoliate and get rid of any dead or dry skin. This scrub has ginseng and coffee beans in it and brightens, refreshes, and energizes your skin. It’s also a gentle scrub so it won’t cause irritation especially if you have sensitive skin.
These are my top picks for fall and I hope you enjoy using them as much as I do.
^^^ Thank you so much again to Carlie from Bombshell 2016 for creating a post that will help all of us get glamorous this fall! What are your fall beauty must haves? What is your favorite fall shade of lipstick to sport? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah