Hey everyone and happy Saturday! I hope all of you had a great week and are getting into a lot of fun adventures this weekend. I know that I just went on vacation but I’m already in desperate need of another one and thanks to my friends at HomeAway, I’m able to discuss my must haves for a Beach Getaway this summer. Take a look at the super cute graphic that was designed with my list in mind and let’s discuss:
When Lil Red hits the beach, the five items that I have listed above are what I wouldn’t dare to leave the house without. Let’s talk about each item in a little more detail!
- Sunscreen: SPF One Million is everything when you’re pasty pale and are spending a day having fun in the sun. Unfortunately, I always end up burning anyways but the fact that I make an effort by putting sunscreen on makes me feel a little better about it!
- Floppy Hat: I have three Brandy Melville floppy hats and at least one of them has to come with me for a beach getaway. I have one in black, mauve, and forest green. The black is perfect to counterbalance my bright striped bikini and the mauve one is awesome for an evening stroll on the sand.
- Sunglasses: My eyes are incredibly sensitive so I refuse to leave the house without a pair or two of my many sunglasses from my collection. A huge pair of don’t look at me shades are definitely a necessity to save me from the squints and to give my face some extra protection from the sun.
- Gladiator Sandals: I consider every time I leave my house a fashion show so a knee length pair of gladiator sandals to strut about in are my beach footwear of choice. Make sure to pack a cute wrap skirt and crop top for a ready to wear outfit when you leave! Whether you do some shopping on the pier or go out to dinner afterwards, gladiator sandals are totally beach chic.
- Victoria’s Secret Bikini: The Getaway style bikini from VS is literally the best thing that ever happened to me. I have never had a bikini that has fit so well, provided perfect support, and is so fabulously cute. My bikini is horizontally lined with gorgeous lime green, teal, white, and pink stripes and features metallic gold tie strings. I’ve never been very confident in two piecers before and the Victoria’s Secret Getaway style bikini has been a total game changer. Hello, beach goddess!
I want to thank my friends at HomeAway again for providing me with such a fun graphic and I encourage you all to check out their site so you can start planning your perfect getaway!
So there you have it, Lil Red’s Beach Getaway Essentials! What are your vaca must haves? How do you sport a beach chic look? I want to hear from all of you, so leave me a comment and let’s chat! Much love. -Sarah